Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Not Responding to Tesla app Reserve Setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 552682 View attachment 552682 Tesla app June 15.png Tesla app June 15.png Utility Usage June 15.png Powerwall Usage.png

Powerwall wall does not respond to Tesla app customization setting. Does display any correct data in app, calls to Tesla support say the Powerwall is working as it should. Problem started on June 15.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aesculus
Tesla finally fixed this 2 weeks ago by remoting in they said.

Now 2 weeks later the problem has reoccurred, on advice of Tesla support I am supposed to completely power off my house for 10 minutes once again.

Very difficult for people trying to work from home.

Previous to my solar/powerwall install I had/have a 20kw Generac generator for 10 years and experienced far fewer problems than I am experiencing now.

Last edited:
Its been over a week now since my Powerwalls went offline and Tesla support can give no idea for resolution time.
System was installed April 15th 2020.

The Powerwalls with a 30% reserve setting now report 23% and dropping daily.

At this point I fear permanent battery damage from a 0 SoC.

Its been over a week now since my Powerwalls went offline and Tesla support can give no idea for resolution time.
System was installed April 15th 2020.

The Powerwalls with a 30% reserve setting now report 23% and dropping daily.

At this point I fear permanent battery damage from a 0 SoC.

That would likely take quite a bit of time... they shut down when they get to low state of charge if they are not being charged, and only wake up to check for power before going back to sleep again. Also, ) charge in the app is not 0 for the powerwalls. Finally, if there is permanent damage, you have a 10 year warranty that warranties 70% charge for up to 10 years. If there is serious permanent damage it would be covered.

I know you are frustrated, I would be as well, I just mention this stuff to try to "talk you off the ledge" a bit.

That would likely take quite a bit of time... they shut down when they get to low state of charge if they are not being charged, and only wake up to check for power before going back to sleep again. Also, ) charge in the app is not 0 for the powerwalls. Finally, if there is permanent damage, you have a 10 year warranty that warranties 70% charge for up to 10 years. If there is serious permanent damage it would be covered.

I know you are frustrated, I would be as well, I just mention this stuff to try to "talk you off the ledge" a bit.

Good information to know, thanks.

I wonder how long it would take them if they actually had to do a replacement, 10 years?