Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF / Ceramic after delivery?

PPF / Ceramic after delivery?

• PPF

• Ceramic

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have got a deal for Suntek Ultimate whole wrap my Model 3 for the price you guys doing ceramic + front XPEL.

Simply doing a google search find Suntek is not worse than XPEL. The only reason is that guy specializes Suntek.

As I said that more expensive not means that they are doing better job applying the film. I actually went there and checked another Model 3 which they are applying the film on it. I trust my eyes that they did a good job.

Like I said, I'm glad you got a deal. Not trying to put down your decision to go full wrap either. It's certainly a good way to protect your car.

Suntek is a good film. I'm using it on my car too. If that's what you got then there's no issue with your film quality. Did your guys roll the film around edges or did they laser cut to the edge? That's usually a pretty big cost differentiator because rolling the edges required custom cutting and more labor.

The one thing I'd point out -- which you keep repeating -- is that you don't know how much we spent for front wrap + ceramic and we don't know what you spent for full wrap. So right off the bat, if you're trying to say we paid too much for what we got vs what you got, I don't see how you would be able to make the comparison.

I'm pretty happy with protecting front with wrap and the rest of the car with ceramic for that extra shine and ease of cleaning. Personally, I think the paint's finish looks a bit better with just ceramic on it vs PPF wrap, but only slightly.

To each their own, congrats on the new car and hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA and McCaesar
I only elected to do PPF (XPEL Stealth) for my car. I don't think ceramic coating is worth $1200 or whatever places are charging when I can do that more easily myself, especially since ceramic coating only lasts a short time comparatively.

I believe it lasts atleast 5 years under warranty but will likely be 7+ years if you take car of it and dont use cheap abrasive cleaners on the car.

You're 100% right though, it can be applied at any time, so do it when makes sense for you!

Like I said, I'm glad you got a deal. Not trying to put down your decision to go full wrap either. It's certainly a good way to protect your car.

Suntek is a good film. I'm using it on my car too. If that's what you got then there's no issue with your film quality. Did your guys roll the film around edges or did they laser cut to the edge? That's usually a pretty big cost differentiator because rolling the edges required custom cutting and more labor.

The one thing I'd point out -- which you keep repeating -- is that you don't know how much we spent for front wrap + ceramic and we don't know what you spent for full wrap. So right off the bat, if you're trying to say we paid too much for what we got vs what you got, I don't see how you would be able to make the comparison.

I'm pretty happy with protecting front with wrap and the rest of the car with ceramic for that extra shine and ease of cleaning. Personally, I think the paint's finish looks a bit better with just ceramic on it vs PPF wrap, but only slightly.

To each their own, congrats on the new car and hope you are enjoying it as much as I am!

Sorry my comments full wrap PPF vs PPF+ceramic is based on #10 of this thread.

Where in Vancouver did you get it done? Approximate cost? Thanks.
XPEL Stealth was around $6k. I had it done at Vancouver Clear Bra. However, not sure if I would recommend the place anymore because I was supposed to get a touch up for my PPF and sent a text last week and have not heard back. This has happened once before where my front license plate hold was coming off the adhesive and I had to wait a while and send two messages to finally hear back. I'm hoping he gets back to me soon about the touch up for the wrap. I will probably call Friday.

XPEL Stealth was around $6k. I had it done at Vancouver Clear Bra. However, not sure if I would recommend the place anymore because I was supposed to get a touch up for my PPF and sent a text last week and have not heard back. This has happened once before where my front license plate hold was coming off the adhesive and I had to wait a while and send two messages to finally hear back. I'm hoping he gets back to me soon about the touch up for the wrap. I will probably call Friday.

Funny thing is that he keeps emailing me for my business, but when you want follow up on your job, no reply?

For anyone in the GTA looking to get paint correction and ceramic at a reasonable price contact Dave at Anti-Rust Oil Spray & Car Detailing Centre. They are located in Burlington. I am taking my car in next week, I had my van done there to check the quality of the work and I was very happy. They also can bring someone in for ppf and tinting, can't vouch for them as I didn't get that done on the van.