Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF + Ceramic Coat - Bay Area/North California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoa. $1450 for full front PPF is a fantastic deal! Is this XPEL? Do you know how much extra for the matte version for an entire car?
Yeah that’s a good deal. And it’s 1495 not 1450. I think I mistyped it but still cheap. I met them in person and they said they don’t do paint correction at that price which ticked me off since they didn’t mention that before so I didn’t go with them. I found another place called Precision auto spa and they are charging 1850 and it includes everything. Saw their work too and it looks great. Plus the guy was super nice and upfront. So getting full front PPF, ceramic coating and window tint for $3100.

Yeah that’s a good deal. And it’s 1495 not 1450. I think I mistyped it but still cheap. I met them in person and they said they don’t do paint correction at that price which ticked me off since they didn’t mention that before so I didn’t go with them. I found another place called Precision auto spa and they are charging 1850 and it includes everything. Saw their work too and it looks great. Plus the guy was super nice and upfront. So getting full front PPF, ceramic coating and window tint for $3100.
I'm going to consider PPF but I've had OptiCoat ceramic applied over the XPel on my dually truck before and IMO the OptiCoat lasts no longer and works no better than a DIY ceramic. There are DIY kits available that are way way cheaper. I just redid my truck with a generic ceramic though it sits outside, it's still looking great.

I'm going to consider PPF but I've had OptiCoat ceramic applied over the XPel on my dually truck before and IMO the OptiCoat lasts no longer and works no better than a DIY ceramic. There are DIY kits available that are way way cheaper. I just redid my truck with a generic ceramic though it sits outside, it's still looking great.
I am also planning on doing ceramic by myself. just need to figure out if I should spend money on PPF and/or tint or not. which kit did you use?

I am also planning on doing ceramic by myself. just need to figure out if I should spend money on PPF and/or tint or not. which kit did you use?
I used Avalon King. But there's a guy on YouTube who does detailing videos who's now selling SIO2 kits for really cheap. It's just a chemical. Nothing magic about the stuff.

Here's his webstore: Shield Pro Ceramic Coating (50mL)

Reactions: sevusal
Just saw this thread.

We offer Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF, full front-end packages starting at $,1900. Includes full hood, full front fenders, headlights, full bumper (with no seams), top of edge of rear bumper, and mirror backs.

We also offer discounts for first responders, military, and teachers. If you get your windows tinted with us during the same visit, there are package discounts for that too!

We are only about 90 minutes from the Bay Area.

We are currently only booked 2-3 weeks in advance.

We are open every day 8am - 6pm, except Sundays and Mondays. Please call to schedule an appointment.

It is extremely easy for other companies to have lower prices. We don’t rush our work, and we don’t sell low grade products. You usually get what you pay for, so be cautious.

Please visit our website, social media pages, or our shop

www.PremierAutoTint.com
Premier Auto Tint
Instagram - #PremierAutoTint

Give us a call if you have more questions or when you are ready to schedule an appointment.

Nick Williams
Premier Auto Tint
1144 Suncast Lane, #3
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

916-358-3850

Last edited:
Just saw this thread.

We offer Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF, full front-end packages starting at $,1900. Includes full hood, full front fenders, headlights, full bumper (with no seams), top of edge of rear bumper, and mirror backs.

We also offer discounts for first responders, military, and teachers. If you get your windows tinted with us during the same visit, there are package discounts for that too!

We are only about 90 minutes from the Bay Area.

We are currently only booked 2-3 weeks in advance.

We are open every day 8am - 6pm, except Sundays and Mondays. Please call to schedule an appointment.

It is extremely easy for other companies to have lower prices. We don’t rush our work, and we don’t sell low grade products. You usually get what you pay for, so be cautious.

Please visit our website, social media pages, or our shop

www.PremierAutoTint.com
Premier Auto Tint
Instagram - #PremierAutoTint

Give us a call if you have more questions or when you are ready to schedule an appointment.

Nick Williams
Premier Auto Tint
1144 Suncast Lane, #3
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

916-358-3850
What are you priced for window tint for model Y

Reactions: WiseSole
What are you priced for window tint for model Y
We offer 2 levels of heat-rejecting films by XPEL. The XPEL Prime XR Black Series is $700 OR the Prime XR Plus Series is $900. Both options include using any shade you choose for all 4 doors, the small quarter glass, and the back glass, as well as tinting the full windshield in a nearly clear 70%. If you want the roof tinted as well, it is an additional $400. We ALWAYS use 1 piece of film for ANY window that we tint, and file the door window edges to give a factory glass look. This price is the same for the Model S.

The Model 3 is priced the same except the roof is only $150.

The Model X prices are also the same except it does not include the full windshield. The full windshield is an additional $400.

We offer 2 levels of heat-rejecting films by XPEL. The XPEL Prime XR Black Series is $700 OR the Prime XR Plus Series is $900. Both options include using any shade you choose for all 4 doors, the small quarter glass, and the back glass, as well as tinting the full windshield in a nearly clear 70%. If you want the roof tinted as well, it is an additional $400. We ALWAYS use 1 piece of film for ANY window that we tint, and file the door window edges to give a factory glass look. This price is the same for the Model S.

The Model X prices are also the same except it does not include the full windshield. The full windshield is an additional $400.
thank you! I only have one car. if I schedule an appointment with you, would you be able to do the windows tint (no roof) in a day? so I come and stay there while you work on the car and than drive back in the evening?

Reactions: radiantrattler
Hi folks,

I'll be getting my new Model Y delivery in October and I am looking for suggestions of where to get PPF + Ceramic coat done in the bay area. I can drive a couple of hours north as well in case I can find a good price with quality work. Prices here in the bay area are on the very high side, averaging anywhere between 7.5k - 8k.

Please let me know of any good shops which can do a good job at a reasonably good price.
I got Ceramic and PPF over at MUMSports. The owner Sayed is pretty good and they have good pricing.

Hi folks,

I'll be getting my new Model Y delivery in October and I am looking for suggestions of where to get PPF + Ceramic coat done in the bay area. I can drive a couple of hours north as well in case I can find a good price with quality work. Prices here in the bay area are on the very high side, averaging anywhere between 7.5k - 8k.

Please let me know of any good shops which can do a good job at a reasonably good price.
OC detailing is the best in the bay area. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is so true especially with PPF. A bad PPF job is a nightmare to deal with and I wouldn't go cheap to get a bargain. PPF and ceramic at OCD is around 9K if you pay cash. Sid at Genesis tint is also a quality shop and you can save 1-1.5K with him but he's in Sacramento so that's why he is cheaper. I would not recommend MUMS sports. I did my M3 with them a few years ago and it was a disaster as they used a kit for installation and did not wrap edges and dirt built up under the edges and caused lifting. I also experienced blade cuts on the paint finish from inexperienced installers. The thing about OCD is that they cater to folks who want the best and don't offer cheaper kit installation. they wrap under all seams and edges and you can't tell that the car has PPF.

• Helpful
Reactions: sevusal

Not sure if you answered this but do you have a price for model X just side and back, not windshield?
And how high up does it go if we don’t do full windshield?

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say before my Vendorship is approved. :) BUT... since my name started this thread almost 3 years ago... here I am! Please don't hesitate to DM our IG or email. I respond personally to all messages and quotes! Looking forward to meeting the bay area and locals!