Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF installer in Las Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had found 2 places Incognito Wraps and Eco-Tint. I used Eco-Tint as they also had the window tint I wanted.

I am happy with the job they did however I am not really picky when it comes to cosmetics. The only minor concern I had was with how the trunk was done and I haven't seen other Model 3 with PPF so I don't know if it could have been done differently or not. The trunk was done in 2 pieces and the seam happens to fall right where I grab to close the trunk so I feel the seam. I looked at it and wasn't sure if the seam could be moved enough or not and never did make it back to ask them.

@kaffine @chickensworth @thebeezknez
@dano9258
Off topic, but since you all seem to be Vegas locals:

Calling all Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 owners.

A large American auto accessory company is looking specifically for a Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 for their SEMA booth from Monday Oct 29 to Fri Nov 2. Vehicle would have to be delivered to Las Vegas Convention Center on Sun, Oct 28th or Mon, Oct 29th.

They want to showcase a Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 with their new Floor Mats, which the owner can keep Free of Charge. We will be co-oping with this company and providing FREE Model TST wheels in 18" or 19" Free of Charge.

Please PM us if you or any friends have a MSM Model 3 and may be interested in this opportunity.

Passes to show will also be provided.

@dano9258

A large American auto accessory company is looking specifically for a Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 for their SEMA booth from Monday Oct 29 to Fri Nov 2. Vehicle would have to be delivered to Las Vegas Convention Center on Sun, Oct 28th or Mon, Oct 29th.

They want to showcase a Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 with their new Floor Mats, which the owner can keep Free of Charge. We will be co-oping with this company and providing FREE Model TST wheels in 18" or 19" Free of Charge.

Please PM us if you or any friends have a MSM Model 3 and may be interested in this opportunity.

Not MSM, but If you need a pearl white P3D+ to show off your lowering springs, I’m in.

@dano9258

I have Red if they change their minds on color.

Eco Tint did the windshield and rear window with 75% but not the top glass. The only tint they had at the time for the rear was the %75 they might have others now since the Model 3 is more common they might have ordered the larger rolls in darker tints.

How does it look? Did you get PPF from eco-tint as well? They were actually the first shop I found in town willing to do the windshield.

I'd like to add another vote for Eco-Tint. They tinted the windows (sides, rear and windshield) on my M3 as well as two other cars. Always happy with their work and they're priced comparable to other places. They stand by their work and were eagerly willing to address any problems I found. I'm taking my M3 there for PPF as soon as I can get Tesla to address some paint issues that were found at delivery.

My partner used Incognito Wraps to wrap his Tesla S. He wasn't too pleased with the job they did. The PPF installation seemed a little sloppy and the film is not attached well along some edges allowing dirt to collect underneath. When pointed out to them, they claimed it was normal and unavoidable. It seems to occur along too many edges to be considered normal.

Reactions: chickensworth
I'd like to add another vote for Eco-Tint. They tinted the windows (sides, rear and windshield) on my M3 as well as two other cars. Always happy with their work and they're priced comparable to other places. They stand by their work and were eagerly willing to address any problems I found. I'm taking my M3 there for PPF as soon as I can get Tesla to address some paint issues that were found at delivery.

My partner used Incognito Wraps to wrap his Tesla S. He wasn't too pleased with the job they did. The PPF installation seemed a little sloppy and the film is not attached well along some edges allowing dirt to collect underneath. When pointed out to them, they claimed it was normal and unavoidable. It seems to occur along too many edges to be considered normal.

I'm heading there in the morning ... what tint did you go with? and did you skip the roof? i'm thinking photosync 75 on all surfaces to keep the bright white interior look, but can easily be convinced of 35 all around and the windshield at 75.

I've got a 13 S that I want to get wrapped. Do y'all know if Incognito Wraps has any military discount or what's the cheapest wrap they can do? I picked up my S a couple months ago and I'm the second owner, but the micro scratches are beginning to bother me to the point where I really would like to cover it up.

I've got a 13 S that I want to get wrapped. Do y'all know if Incognito Wraps has any military discount or what's the cheapest wrap they can do? I picked up my S a couple months ago and I'm the second owner, but the micro scratches are beginning to bother me to the point where I really would like to cover it up.

Not sure about the discount, but the least expensive wrap they do is a vinyl color change wrap... the next level up is Xpel. I just took my car to Eco-tint for front end PPF and tint... so far so good, but I’ll reserve judgement till it’s all settled.

I'm heading there in the morning ... what tint did you go with? and did you skip the roof? i'm thinking photosync 75 on all surfaces to keep the bright white interior look, but can easily be convinced of 35 all around and the windshield at 75.

Sorry but just saw your reply. Eco-Tint uses Llumar tint in addition to Photosync. Both are good products as I've used both in other cars. I went with Llumar CTX 40 all around with AirBlue 80 on the windshield. I didn't do the roof but may add that in the future if heat becomes noticeable.

As for PPF, Eco-Tint offers Llumar and XPEL - price is the same for either.

Sorry but just saw your reply. Eco-Tint uses Llumar tint in addition to Photosync. Both are good products as I've used both in other cars. I went with Llumar CTX 40 all around with AirBlue 80 on the windshield. I didn't do the roof but may add that in the future if heat becomes noticeable.

As for PPF, Eco-Tint offers Llumar and XPEL - price is the same for either.

no worries... went with Eco-Tint and ended up getting a full front PPF in llumar and photsync75 on all glass window surfaces... still waiting for some settlement of the tint and ppf before i determine if i think they did a decent job or not... i'll keep the board posted in case the info can be of use.

@dano9258

I have a more basic question. Like others I am also in the pnw. I also go to area mountains for skiing and I've been doing it on an AWD s for a few years with all season tires. On the s the 20" tires weren't as good for winter driving and were said to have more flats; I have 19". If I buy a 3p+ it seems like the default tires from Tesla won't work as well as my current winter driving, but no one quite spelled that out. Is it correct that for this light weight winter driving I should get different tires than the tires that come with the car? If I just got the AWD 3 would it be different instead of the p3+?

Offer is still on table.