Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Ottawa Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch a few youtube videos about PPF installation to get a better understanding of the nuances. The experience and skill of the installer is very important and it is not worth scrimping for poor quality work. It comes down to how well the seams are hidden and the little details that have to be done freehand.
Personally, I did not want any seams on the front facia under the fog lamps since they will collect road dirt over time and become noticeable. XPEL provides cutting templates to their installers that can be used to cut out exact pieces on site. Unfortunately, the template leaves a vertical seam at the bottom of the fog lamp corner. I spoke to Goldwing ahead of time with this concern and they said they use single sheets and cut to fit on the vehicle- perhaps did this just for me since I asked about it but I dont think so.. That is one example of many where the skill and experience come through.
It best to see to look at some of the installer's work both new and after a year of so. I was lucky in that when i went in they had just finished the same package on a new black Model Y and i was able to have a good luck at their work.
BTW, it is not like their prices are cheap either or did i pay too much? hmmm

Thanks. I have a few quotes for full PPF and I am finding about $1500 variation among 6 companies in Ottawa so it is enough to take pause.

I'm really trying to understand the difference in full PPF install among all the places in Ottawa as pricing varies by many many dollars in the city. Seems like everyone uses XPEL and everyone says they remove all badges, trims etc when looking at full PPF. So why are some places so much less and some so much more - is their work any worse than those that charge like 25% more? Does a place like Goldwing do a good job - it's still a lot of money - or is their job inferior so even though it's cheaper it's bad so a waste of money. It's really confusing so any advice is appreciated.
Watch a few youtube videos about PPF installation to get a better understanding of the nuances. The experience and skill of the installer is very important and it is not worth scrimping for poor quality work. It comes down to how well the seams are hidden and the little details that have to be done freehand.
Personally, I did not want any seams on the front facia under the fog lamps since they will collect road dirt over time and become noticeable. XPEL provides cutting templates to their installers that can be used to cut out exact pieces on site. Unfortunately, the template leaves a vertical seam at the bottom of the fog lamp corner. I spoke to Goldwing ahead of time with this concern and they said they use single sheets and cut to fit on the vehicle- perhaps did this just for me since I asked about it but I dont think so.. That is one example of many where the skill and experience come through.
It best to see to look at some of the installer's work both new and after a year of so. I was lucky in that when i went in they had just finished the same package on a new black Model Y and i was able to have a good luck at their work.
BTW, it is not like their prices are cheap either or did i pay too much? hmmm
What he said!

I had mine done at GoldWing through the group deal and I'm happy with the final product. I shopped around and it was the best price for a trusted shop.

I'd like to connect with other model Y that went to other shops to see if I can spot any differences ... maybe in the spring I guess.