Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Ottawa Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody try Goldwing? They seem to be less than others but unsure if there is a reason why they are less money

Goldwing is decent. I've seen their job on a Model S and it was pretty good. I've also seen some of their hand-cut work on a Porsche and it was pretty bad. Apparently the Teslas are easier to work on since the panels are a lot simpler.

Still recommend Vlad over all the alternatives if quality of work is more important than price.

Goldwing is decent. I've seen their job on a Model S and it was pretty good. I've also seen some of their hand-cut work on a Porsche and it was pretty bad. Apparently the Teslas are easier to work on since the panels are a lot simpler.

Still recommend Vlad over all the alternatives if quality of work is more important than price.

I heard that from many. I have ended up booking Vlad since his everyone has told me he is so good so I will pay extra for that level of confidence.

Ok so for AT we need 5 to confirm and pay a deposit.

For those who do not have their vehicle yet but will participate, we would require a deposit of $500 for Gold package or $250 for silver package.

Gold = $2700 with front window tint
-Ceramic Tint $400 +tax full vehicle (4 side windows + rear)
$200 +tax 2 front windows (driver/passenger)
-Full PPF Kit (full hood, full front fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $1300 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
-Rear Luggage Lip $80 +tax
-Interior kit $200 +tax
-Door Jams x4 $200 +tax
-Ceramic Coating $400 +tax
TOTAL $2900 +tax (if choosing full vehicle tint)
$2700 +tax (if choosing front two window tint)

Silver = 1339.00 but quoted with 5 Windows (only 2 needed on model Y)
-Non Ceramic Tint $269.95 +tax (4 side windows + rear)
-Partial Hood Kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $749.95 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
TOTAL $1339.90 +tax

Note: If certain individuals would like to remove/add services to the above packages, we are able to but will adjust price accordingly (ex. someone doesn't want ceramic coating but wants everything else, etc).

A reminder, all tint comes backed by a lifetime warranty and all PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

Please let me know who's in and I'll get things started. Probably best to confirm in the google sheet. As mentioned above, we need at minimum 5 confirmed with deposits.

Does the Gold package include paint correction on the areas that will be PPF'd? I'm going to guess it doesn't.

I've also heard many good things about Vlad. I have a high attention to detail when it comes to car detailing, so I'm happy to pay extra for quality.

Does the Gold package include paint correction on the areas that will be PPF'd? I'm going to guess it doesn't.

I've also heard many good things about Vlad. I have a high attention to detail when it comes to car detailing, so I'm happy to pay extra for quality.
I haven't asked explicitly but can ... also I'm still waiting for Vladimir to respond ... hope to hear from him tomorrow or I'll assume he's not interested in a group sale.

Thoughts?

I'm waiting on a Model Y as well.

I plan to wrap the whole car, depending on the price I guess. Not a fan of partial wraps, although the cost might cause me to reconsider. Doubt my car will arrive in time to be included in your package deal, but I wouldn't mind checking out your car once it's done. Perhaps we local Ottawa Model Y owners should get together at some point to compare notes and cars? With appropriate social distancing, of course.

:)

Hey, any update on the group discount from Vlad? I would be interested in saving a few bucks. :)
Any would the quota stay the same for model 3 or go down a bit?
Unfortunately Vlad at the time was so busy he wasn't interested in any group deals. In fact at the time, since he hadn't seen a Y, he wasn't willing to even quote the work (justifiable).

We ended up going with GoldWing since they had the best price and a good reputation with positive feedback.

If you're interested in going with GoldWing, give Anthony a call and let him know you're part of the TESLA group put together by Richard.

Is that a full wrap?

I’ll probably do a mix of ceramic and ppf.. ceramic on the interior surfaces , match window tint on front, console wrap in matte black..
Yes, it's full PPf on all painted surfaces. Another 250 for window tint to match the rear.

Let me pull up the full price list I was able to work out and share it with you. It was the best price found and GW has several good reviews.

Has anyone wrapped the wood trim on the dash? I think a carbon fiber would look pretty slick..
I did mine with a kit from Abstract Ocean. I love the carbon fiber look. I might redo it though - there’s a small wrinkle behind the screen. You can’t see it from inside the car, but the fact that I know it’s there bugs me. Either way, the wrap looks much better than the wood IMO.

Attachments

• F36BB12D-4416-449E-B99D-634EC7EC7C8B.jpeg
    F36BB12D-4416-449E-B99D-634EC7EC7C8B.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 130
Got my Model Y fully wrapped with XPEL Ultimate Plus at Goldwing last week and I'm very happy. The film looks great and these guys are very skilled - they wrapped edges wherever they could and they took off emblems, window trim, etc. to get the film underneath. It took them 3 days plus another half day to fix a few minor issues. There was a bit of glue on the film from re-attaching the emblems and one wrinkle in the film. They cleaned off the glue and improved the wrinkle but it's still visible in good light. I agreed to leave it for a week to see if it settles out with the heat, but if it doesn't, they will redo that section (front bumper). They also cleaned up the XPEL on my 2013 Model S and fixed a few places where the film had been damaged over the years.

Reactions: Vawlkus