Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-owned Roasters price change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I noticed that some pre-owned roadsters disappeared from the Tesla website, including that lighting green roadster sport 2.5 which I really wanted Some others got a major price drop. One of the most expensive custom colored roadster was 120K+ and now 100k. Anyone knows whats going on?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I was checking on the website few hours ago and suddenly the price changed and some roadsters disappeared.

Last edited:
The lightning green was my favourite one on the site too, the black carbon fibre accents look amazing against that colour.

Tesla has promised to make Roadsters available in the service loaner program, so if they haven't been sold they're probably out as loaners.

Last edited:
Wow and you are right there is a nice price drop (if you are buying) not so nice if you already had one. My guess is simply supply and demand in that not many people were biting at the prices they had posted. I can't think of another reason. I have read here of several owners who wanted at least X price but after a few months settled for .8X.

Hopefully for us owners the prices have about bottomed out and will start to rise as they become a relatively rare collector car.

I'm looking for a second hand roadster, does anyone know the history of the Green one on the Tesla site Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

It appears to be VIN #281 California license "PV EV". 5 years old and only 13000 miles, any views on how the battery lasts if it isn't used much?

We've owned a Lotus Elise for ~10 years and a Leaf for 2 years, so we know what we're getting into in general.

Cheers Adrian

Look at the ideal miles when it's fully charged and that will tell you the health of the battery. Here's a survey of a bunch of roadsters with their ideal mileage, year built and mileage -

http://www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries/tesla-roadster/vehicles.php?order=built

I'm looking for a second hand roadster, does anyone know the history of the Green one on the Tesla site Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

It appears to be VIN #281 California license "PV EV". 5 years old and only 13000 miles, any views on how the battery lasts if it isn't used much?

We've owned a Lotus Elise for ~10 years and a Leaf for 2 years, so we know what we're getting into in general.

Cheers Adrian

Wow! Prices are coming down on the roadsters. If Tesla was selling that car six months ago, I'll bet they would have been asking 70-75K. In November I bought #107 from a private party for $57,450 with 24,500 miles and no warranty! No regrets, I expected prices to drop and I wanted the car bad! :biggrin: It's been a fun six months.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Adrian

I wouldn't be too worried about lack of use of the battery. Most of these car have low mileage. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a good battery buying from Tesla. You can probably get them to send you a picture of the screen showing the ideal miles or at least an answer to your questions. If you are serious about the car, I would think you could get a roadster owner in the area to check it out for you.

Good luck! Love the color! (just like mine) :biggrin:

I asked tesla to give me a quote for roadster trade in a couple of days ago.

First offer (sept 2012) was $67k
Current offer (June 2013) is $36k

Not sure what's going on but those are the numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The lightning green was my favourite one on the site too, the black carbon fibre accents look amazing against that colour.

Tesla has promised to make Roadsters available in the service loaner program, so if they haven't been sold they're probably out as loaners.

Had a Roadster loaner today ….what a car…. but I was glad to have my P85 back!

Cool, when did you get yours?

Hi - just last month. It's a 2011 model. I was lucky enough to find one which seems to have good battery health - CAC of 157 out of 160 and ideal miles of 185 out of 190. Also there is an option for sport suspension which has adjustable sway bars and shocks -- which IMHO is really important, since the default suspension is a little soft in the front end... It's there on the sport models and optionally on standard models.

Love the green -- it's a hard color to find!

Richard