Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-owned Roasters price change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that they are planning on selling MANY of these cars

Just saw this pre-owned 2011 2.5 on ebay for $68K buy-it-now!
It looks like it is from Tesla directly and CPO to boot!
It seems that Tesla is kicking us Roadster owners in the crotch: perhaps this is why the dealers in some states are upset with the direct-sell model ;-)
Tesla : Roadster 2.5 Base 2.5 Base | eBay

They have more than 35 just in California! They have even more in New York and Florida! They have so many they haven't taken pictures of all of them yet.
Apparently many of them are trade-ins (so the numbers will probably grow and the prices will probably drop even more!)

They have more than 35 just in California! They have even more in New York and Florida! They have so many they haven't taken pictures of all of them yet.
Apparently many of them are trade-ins (so the numbers will probably grow and the prices will probably drop even more!)

I would think all of them are trade-ins. No? I didn't know they were buying any outright. I'm not convinced the inventory will grow. Haven't most Roadster owners already traded if they were going to do it? I'm hoping this is a short-term thing while they unload some inventory. Frankly even at these new prices the depreciation is less than most sports cars.

It makes sense that they would have a glut of trade-ins, and also that pricing a second hand roadster against a new Model S would make them hard to sell. For a while the Roadster was the only practical long distance electric car, and it isn't any more. The fact that it's a very small sports car probably explains why there are so many low milage ones around. The Lotus Elise has the same issue. The market will find the right price level as supply and demand match. Meanwhile, it's finally looking like a reasonable deal to me to get one.

We visited the factory in Fremont on Friday and test drove Green #281 and Red #532. Both ran fine, although front tire pressures were low on #281 so the steering was extra heavy. It showed 185 ideal miles before we drove it. They have about 60 Roadsters available on the CPO list. We heard that later that day someone bought #532. We've decided to focus on the 2.0/2.5 spec cars for now in Red or Glacier blue with Tan interior. There's plenty of choice. There's some overlap but the seven cars on the Tesla CPO site, six on their eBay store, and some more on lemonfree.com just give an idea of the range of cars and prices they have.

Last edited:
Hi, it's been ages! Hope everyone is doing well! I have a few questions. :) How did you test the CAC? Did you find that other cars you tested had bad battery health? How many did you look at before you bought?

We're looking at both the light and dark blues as well as green and red and we prefer the tan interior. I think the one thing we've decided, at least fairly firmly, is that we want the 2.0 or 2.5.

Any other advice for us?

Cheers,
Laurel

Tesla CPO just increased their prices by $3.5K and included the 37 month battery warranty that was previously $7.5K. The web site info wasn't updated last time I looked, but the price increases were there.

I put a hold ($2.5K returnable) on #889 - the Blue Sport 2.0 they have listed, and hope to get it soon. Dan and Ryan are pretty much over-run dealing with Roadsters and are slow to respond so its taking a while.