Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preconditioning error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a notification on the dash when I entered my car this morning that said preconditioning could not be activated because a door or the trunk was open. Yet, all doors and the trunk were definitely closed (visual inspection and nothing on the dash or app that suggest an open door).

I've rebooted both screens and manually opened and closed the doors, so I'll see what happens tomorrow. Anyone else get this error from time to time?

I've had the same problem occur at least twice this month. Furthermore, afterwards, I couldn't get my heater to work at all for the duration of that trip. I took it in to the service center and they couldn't find any problem. I did get what I considered a very WEAK response from the service manager that perhaps it was reporting that I had a door open because I'd opened a door to get in!

I figure there must be a software issue somewhere which will get fixed eventually. For now, I am just turning preconditioning off, so I can at least use my heater manually reliably.