Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Across Borders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - my 2020 Model 3 (in Washington, USA) currently has premium connectivity. We are taking a road trip to Canada next week. Does anyone know if the premium connectivity will continue to work across the border? Is there anything I would need to do to enable it?

Hey all - my 2020 Model 3 (in Washington, USA) currently has premium connectivity. We are taking a road trip to Canada next week. Does anyone know if the premium connectivity will continue to work across the border? Is there anything I would need to do to enable it?
This reddit thread claims the AT&T sim in Model 3s have roaming enabled, and that it works in Canada:
This thread even claims it works in Mexico:
Connectivity when driving in Mexico

Of course, you are limited to service in areas AT&T has roaming agreements. I have AT&T on my phone also, so it would be the same, but if you have a different phone carrier, you may have situations where your phone has service and car does not (and vice versa).

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Yes it will work.

I crossed 2 weeks ago and everything was fine. The only hick up is when the car changes networks, you may loose streaming for 5 minutes as the car connects to the new network, May not happen to you but that is what happened to me going in to the US and then later coming back to Canada.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0