Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity scam from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is also a 2017 Model S and I purchased the FSD software, and two months ago I went ahead with the Infotainment Upgrade which means I also got my HW3. They wil give you the HW3 if you have repurchased the FSD Software. Submit a service ticket from your app and let them know you want to either (1) Just get your free HW3 upgrade or (2) You want to purchase the $2500 Infotainment Upgrade and also get your HW3. They will triage your ticket, confirm if your VIN qualifies right now and get back to you. Not all VINs quality for it right now, but they will in the coming months.

Details about the Infotainment Upgrade = Infotainment Upgrade
I've been denied 4 times now

The cost of the MCU2 Infotainment upgrade is $2500 plus taxes. This is not a MCU2 upgrade discussion thread though. Sorry to say it, but you comment above doesn't make sense. "Its it true still without MCU2 still..." Don't understand what your question is.

Its not about how someone feels. It may be about how they think. What was the car salesman supposed to say? Wasn't he reporting the information he was told by the company?

Not that it makes any difference to you, but I too bought FSD when I purchased my '17. I am viewing the shore from the same boat you are in.
People who paid for FSD should have looked at what Tesla did with P85D owners when they sold them a 691hp capable car. After some lawsuits Tesla admitted that the car is capable, just not the battery or power delivery system that is came with (which as it turns out would require 50% power delivery boost to enable the advertised horsepower). So, all of you who bought AP2.0, your car is totally capable of FSD (which back in those days meant Level 5, unattended summon from New York to L.A. type functionality), except for the MCU, AP computer, cameras and sensors, probably some redunant controls, and of course software. But I'm fairly sure your doors, tires, windshield, roof, floor mats, etc, are all totally FSD capable. Welcome to Tesla. :p

These threads are always hilarious to me... people chide the consumer for not having read some news from some random website announcing a policy change but don’t hold that same level of accountability for Tesla representatives selling the car. :rolleyes:

Tesla reps are NOTORIOUS for spouting misinformation. People now claiming it was never “marketed” as free connectivity for the life of the car but the truth is it was never really marketed at all. The car just has connectivity, and if you asked what it would cost the answer you got was highly dependent on the sales rep you asked. I was certainly told that I’d always have it because “Tesla depends on it to provide updates and track info [sic]”. I have been grandfathered in, apparently, so no complaints here about that issue, but Tesla’s issues with consistent and clear communications have been pretty well documented.