Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preowned MYP Purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, I just purchased a 22 MYP after someone totaling my 18 M3LR a few weeks ago. I placed an order for a 23 MYLR(Blue/Black/5seats) on 1/23 shortly after the initial price drop, intending to give my wife the Model 3. My insurance company worked quicker than I hoped as they have totaled out the Model 3 and I needed a car immediately. I was thinking of renting a car, but the rental company told me I would need to pay $1500-1800 a month to keep the car. The 22 MYP I found had 4500 miles on it, as the pervious owner only had just purchased it Sept 22 and traded it in for another vehicle Jan 23. I have 2 questions. 1) Is it possible to transfer the MYLR to someone who may be interested rather than cancelling the order? 2) Being that pervious owner of the vehicle only had the vehicle for 4 months, with my purchase do I have any options to use Tax Credits?

1. the thread about reservation transfers, issues etc is in the for sale subforum here. That is the only place that the discussion is allowed here:

2. its a used car, so used car tax rules would apply (so, no, you will not get any tax credits on that vehicle unless what you paid meets the used car rules).