Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Prepare for delivery" question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

Super excited to own a Model 3 in the coming weeks, but was curious if anyone could shed some light on the current status. I'm trading in my 2015 Kia, with a bit still owing on the loan. Obviously I know this can cause the "Trade-in" section to take a bit longer, but wondering about others who have been in/are in this same situation. What kind of time-frame did you see? Did that section change at all, or is it just a matter of waiting for Tesla to call once I have a car assigned?

I do not have a delivery date set or vin assigned as of right now. Also still in the 'prepare for delivery' stage.

Thanks!

Attachments

• tesla.JPG
    tesla.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 484
I placed my order on the 27th of April and it took about 5 days for them to confirm the payoff for the trade in and it will show any positive/negative equity on your account. If you are happy with the quote, you can submit and then just wait. I’m currently waiting for a vin and delivery date.

Also, check Carmax if you haven’t already. I got a higher quote and Tesla matches them.

In my case, 3-day was my timeframe. It was an inventory model so the VIN was already there when I ordered. Not sure if there was supposed to be a person that dedicated for trade-in process but my delivery advisor was the one that contacted me about the trade-in offer. Furthermore, mine had some payoff quote that they need to process and that took more than the 24 hour time-frame that they said. In order to speed that up, I had to contact both the sale and delivery advisors to let them know the payoff quote and hurried them up. You can try that way but it will depend on your location and the way Tesla currently handle order process.