Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price comparison chart between countries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the information.

I'm completely annoyed by the fact that we in Denmark have to pay €4000 more compared to our neighbors in Germany to the south, before we add 25% VAT and they add 19% VAT. I know Tesla has nothing to do with the VAT difference, but matching prices would level out the difference.

Actually I'm so annoyed by this, I'm holding back my order for a Model S P85 (base model with added tech package, parking sensor and pano-roof) that ends up at $126.000 at today's exchange rate.

If anyone at Tesla wants to give me a fair price in Denmark compared to the rest of the EU, and not apply the Scandinavian premium just because you can, contact me and I will buy a car.

I'm guessing you could use Other EU, buy the car and then organize transport from Tilburg yourself as well as all the taxes etc.

I'm guessing you could use Other EU, buy the car and then organize transport from Tilburg yourself as well as all the taxes etc.

First off, I did mean Model S 85 (not P) at $126.000, but I can't edit my post because I am a new member.

There are some issues buying for export in Holland, getting plates and insurance where i don't live, and transferring everything to Denmark. It's quite a unnecessary hassle I would like to avoid, but then again, saving €5000 (€4000 plus 25% VAT on that amount) compared to the rest of EU on what would be a couple of days work is quite a lot.
But like I wrote, if Tesla will offer me a fair price in Denmark, I'm buying a car today.