Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PRO TIP: Hulu (and probably Netflix) has a quality setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed Hulu plays like garbage if you let it use "best quality" (most of the time) and I've found more success with dropped frames/audio sync issues if i drop the quality. I'm sure Netflix has this too but haven't tested it.

I don't have Hulu, how do you access these settings? I only see playback speed and closed captioning on Netflix, the the sound is rarely in sync. I am reading the captions so I don't always notice, but I am watching L.A.'s Finest and the gunshots always show how out of sync it is.

I don't have Hulu, how do you access these settings? I only see playback speed and closed captioning on Netflix, the the sound is rarely in sync. I am reading the captions so I don't always notice, but I am watching L.A.'s Finest and the gunshots always show how out of sync it is.
Whenever Netflix audio is out of sync, try rebooting the computer and let me know if it fixes the issue.

I too have found better rendering if I drop the quality to Data Saver. The problem I have is Hulu will drop out and then will not load again. it gives me a blue screen of death with an error message on it. I do not know if it is a problem with Hulu specifically, or if it is with the 3G router in the car. I do also have times when the streaming audio will just drop out and not come back until it feels like it. Who is the carrier that Tesla uses used in North America for the wireless?

I too have found better rendering if I drop the quality to Data Saver. The problem I have is Hulu will drop out and then will not load again. it gives me a blue screen of death with an error message on it. I do not know if it is a problem with Hulu specifically, or if it is with the 3G router in the car. I do also have times when the streaming audio will just drop out and not come back until it feels like it. Who is the carrier that Tesla uses used in North America for the wireless?

AT&T is the carrier that tesla uses for data in the US. Not sure about anywhere outside the US, though.

Reactions: ZilWin