Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with almost all electronics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had exactly the same with s/w 2020.18 and iirc .24 also. Last week screen became very slow & unresponsive whilst driving, audio died then screen froze. I seemed to trigger it putting reversing camera (now with side cameras) on whilst driving, also launching web browser had similar effect. I’ve just upgraded to 2020.28 and hoping this sorts it out.

There is A very deep reboot. If all else fails. I do this now after every update

Unplug the car
Sit in close doors and Windows
Ensure it’s in park
Go to controls ,security and power off.
Don’t touch anything try not to move about

WAIT ALEAST 5 MINS. THE LONGER THE BETTER.

Touch the brake the car wakes up. You may get some strange messages as the car wakes up.
It’s all in the manual.

I’ve had exactly the same with s/w 2020.18 and iirc .24 also. Last week screen became very slow & unresponsive whilst driving, audio died then screen froze. I seemed to trigger it putting reversing camera (now with side cameras) on whilst driving, also launching web browser had similar effect. I’ve just upgraded to 2020.28 and hoping this sorts it out.
Maybe the problems I had started with 2020.18 rather than 2020.12 - can't remember now. Either way, I now view every new release as the potential for something to regress - sometimes chronically. Anyone remember the train wreck that was voice control in the last release of 2019?