Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with SXM Radio (no audio after briefly turning car off)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 Model X -

I've noticed a fairly consistent pattern with a problem with the SXM radio. It has persisted through a couple recent software upgrades. Here is the issue:

I will have a station on. Turn the car off to do something for a few minutes to an hour or so, and upon return, there is no SXM audio. Cant choose stations, can't get volume working, etc. Does not come back unless i do the control reset (other audio sources are fine).

If I don't do the reset, all is magically good again the next day, until I again, temporarily shut the car off while SXM is playing, in which case, no SXM till the next day (or reset).

Reactions: X-pilot
This is likely another problem caused by the media player's inability to properly recover after the vehicle wakes from sleep mode - which has caused problems since 2013.

We see this periodically in our 2017 S and 2018 X, and the only solution has been to force a reboot of the console processor, usually while the vehicle is in motion...

2020 Model X -

I've noticed a fairly consistent pattern with a problem with the SXM radio. It has persisted through a couple recent software upgrades. Here is the issue:

I will have a station on. Turn the car off to do something for a few minutes to an hour or so, and upon return, there is no SXM audio. Cant choose stations, can't get volume working, etc. Does not come back unless i do the control reset (other audio sources are fine).

If I don't do the reset, all is magically good again the next day, until I again, temporarily shut the car off while SXM is playing, in which case, no SXM till the next day (or reset).
Same here with my Model X 2017 just after Hw 3 upgrade.