TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Problem with TMC website

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Dj B, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dj B

Dj B Member

If anyone has any insight please help. When on my Samsung I get the image below relentlessly. I've clicked through it 20 times writing this. When I click "view certificate" I get the other image.

Sorry, didn't know where to post this question so let me know if I need to move it.

Attached Files:

2. Dj B

Dj B Member

Forgot to mention it only happens to me on the TMC site, no other sites

3. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

#3 thecloud, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    When I connect to www.teslamotorsclub.com from a desktop browser, the server presents a valid certificate for the site ("ssl379814.cloudflaressl.com", which has a subject alternative name that specifically includes teslamotorsclub.com so is able to be used for that site.) Cloudflare seems to be the service provider that TMC is using.

The error message presented by your phone shows that you are seeing a generic certificate for "*.cloudfront.net". Cloudfront and Cloudflare are two different providers, and TMC's certificate is issued by Cloudflare, so this seems a bit suspect.

The likeliest explanation is that one of the ads being shown by the TMC site is coming from Cloudfront, but the browser on your phone sends the wrong server name indication when loading that ad within the frame, so you get the generic Cloudfront certificate which isn't valid for teslamotorsclub.com. If the ad is unique to TMC then that might explain why you don't see the issue on other sites.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Dj B

Dj B Member

Thanks for your response, so I'm gathering there isn't anything I can do to stop it as I realize TMC needs to have advertisements to make money?

I also tried a different browser, same result

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

You could support TMC & go ad-free. The link is right up at the top of this page.

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 8.59.36 AM.png

• Like x 2
  6. Dj B

Dj B Member

Awesome idea, thanks!

• Like x 1