Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems charging after latest software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i dont know whats happening but when i get home after a long day of driving (end of day 20%) and i set the charge to 80%, it always stops at 50% and says charging complete. then i have to go into my phone, put it back up to 80% and it'll start charging, but then it stops again! anyone else having this issue?

How do we know this is related to the update and not related to your charging infrastructure? Starting and stopping charge abnormally / early normally has to do with your charging infrastructure, not any update.

(moderator note: I am editing your thread title to "problems charging after latest software update?" because its a question, and right now we dont know if "new update : charging is terrible", which is the title you used.)

heres an example where it defaults back to 50% for some reason. i set it to complete charging at 80% but it stops at 69%

135778970_224925802440463_6994178270246230851_n.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
heres an example where it defaults back to 50% for some reason. i set it to complete charging at 80% but it stops at 69%

View attachment 623678

Could be a bug. Charging infrastructure should not change the target charge level.

Try rebooting your car (both buttons etc.; it is in the manual). Also restart the app and your phone. Failing that, wait for an update.

Also be sure someone else doesn’t have your Tesla password and is messing with you! Haha. Change your password.

If you want to try to rule out charging infrastructure, lower the amperage limit from within the car. Set it to the minimum or very low. Might help in some circumstances.

Last edited:
So, OP, here is a question. Have you, at any time, ever, since you got your car, installed / configured any third party application, such as stats, teslafi, teslamate, or ANY other application other than the official tesla app? Usually when we see something like this, its because there is some "other app" interacting with the car that the owner has forgot about.

They either signed up for something and didnt configure it properly, or forgot they signed up, or deleted it thinking that would stop it from working (and it doesnt).

If so, change your tesla account password, and try again.

So, OP, here is a question. Have you, at any time, ever, since you got your car, installed / configured any third party application, such as stats, teslafi, teslamate, or ANY other application other than the official tesla app? Usually when we see something like this, its because there is some "other app" interacting with the car that the owner has forgot about.

If so, change your tesla account password, and try again.

youre probabaly right. i did have optiwatti setup. ill try to disable that

It would be better to change your tesla account password, in addition to attempting to disable whatever app that is, instead of just attemping to disable the app. You might disable the app (for example) but since your token for the app is still active, it may "take time" for disabling it to go through whatever process the app maker setup for that.

Changing your tesla account password will invalidate the token that app uses, so will ensure it is not still accessing your car even after being disabled.

I had never heard of "optiwatti" and got curious so went to look it up. It appears to be a software / app that "learns your electricity usage" and attempts to optimize your home electrical usage.

Anything that is "smart learning, learns by itself" and is attempting to "optimize your electricity usage" sounds like it could be involved in turning off your charging before your set percentage.

I am virtually positive at this point that this has zero to do with the last update.

If your set target is getting set to 50% all the time, it's obviously not the update causing your charging issue. The issue with your charge stopping is it keeps getting set to 50%. Find out what is causing that and that will fix your problem.