Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not charging to what I set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have been having issue for the past couple days, so I switched from departure to schedule charge. Today I had the car set to charge to 85 percent. It started charging at midnight like I wanted it to but it stopped at around 68% percent and I had to make it start charging again couple mins ago. Has anyone else been having this issue?

IMG_4547.png
IMG_4548.png

Do you, or have you EVER (at any point) logged into ANY service that wanted your tesla credentials to "help you manage charging"? This includes anything from optiwat, chargehq, or ANY service that can control your tesla (like stats, teslafi, etc).

If you are not sure, change your tesla password. If you know you have, but think "well I stopped using X or Y" or "I know X doesnt impact charging", change your tesla password anyway to invalidate the token for it and try again.

Pretty much every instance of "I tried to charge my car using the tesla app but it stopped?!?!?!?" is related to some outside service "helpfully" interfering with charging because it has some goal to "only charge with clean energy" or something like that.

Do you, or have you EVER (at any point) logged into ANY service that wanted your tesla credentials to "help you manage charging"? This includes anything from optiwat, chargehq, or ANY service that can control your tesla (like stats, teslafi, etc).

If you are not sure, change your tesla password. If you know you have, but think "well I stopped using X or Y" or "I know X doesnt impact charging", change your tesla password anyway to invalidate the token for it and try again.

Pretty much every instance of "I tried to charge my car using the tesla app but it stopped?!?!?!?" is related to some outside service "helpfully" interfering with charging because it has some goal to "only charge with clean energy" or something like that.
To his point, I've found that changing your Tesla app / Tesla.com password will block out any third party apps from adjusting anything on your vehicle.