Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with Used Model X delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super excited to pick up my 2017 CPO X from dealership. Arrived to discover numerous alerts when starting the car and was not able to accept delivery. The next day I called 3 times and did not receive a return call. At the end of the day I received an URGENT ALERT email from tesla informing me that due to "numerous communication alerts" they would need to work on my car to get tot he root of the problem and then fix it. They then said the car would not be ready for a week. I am concerned, why was this not checked ahead of delivery? And feel I should be compensated for the inconvenience. Any thoughts on what to aim for in compensation? Thank you

Spend a little time browsing the forum and you’ll learn a couple of things... 1, your experience isn’t that unusual and 2, that you’re not likely to get any sympathy, nor compensation, from Tesla for the inconvenience. Tesla’s hopes are that you’ll forgive them for the service by falling in love with the car. This is hard to do when their service failure occurs during initial delivery.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Spend a little time browsing the forum and you’ll learn a couple of things... 1, your experience isn’t that unusual and 2, that you’re not likely to get any sympathy, nor compensation, from Tesla for the inconvenience. Tesla’s hopes are that you’ll forgive them for the service by falling in love with the car. This is hard to do when their service failure occurs during initial delivery.

Well said, and stop calling it CPO, rather, it is an used car with factory warranty.