Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Model X LR 2023 - a lot of problems on delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my car arrived on 30.3.2023 in Rotterdam.
It's a Tesla MX LR White, 7 seats, black interior, 20" wheels, EAP.
It was not moved for 3 months and had 20% battery on delivery.

I received an SMS on 26.06.2023 to pay for the car and to pick it up on 29.06.23 at 18.00.
I paid for the car and I picked it up at the end of the working day.

All seems fine, but the first error was after about 100m

"Air suspension compressor disabled" - TAS_a224

After the camera calibration, I got the classic:

"Park Assist Degraded"

At home, I've discovered that the front passenger button to open/close the door is not working at all (I'm using the display).

The software on the car is pretty old (2023.12.300) and I believe it will take a month to receive a newer version!

Entering the service mode, a saw a new error, something about "louver blockage" - VCFRONT_a156_louverblockage and GTW Locked.

Now I'm waiting for a technician from Germany to take a look at the logs.
Q: what is the usual time for the tech to look at a problem in the app?

The error message is suggesting max 30 km/h!
The compressor is working, and I can rise/lower the car when stationary, but after a few hundred meters I get the error and the option is grey (inactive).
The suspension seems normal, with no visible problems.

Q: Any idea what GTW Locked means?
Q: louver blockage" - VCFRONT_a156_louverblockage ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 97
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 123
1. Park Assist Degraded - fixed using the info from this forum (disable all options on Autopilot + Reset + enable options)
2. The air compressor error - TAS_a224 was a small disconnected hose from the air compressor - error fixed, all good.
3. "louver blockage" - VCFRONT_a156_louverblockage - no time for this. I've got an appointment on 19.09.2023 (2+ months!)
Now the passenger front door button is working (magic). They say It was a software problem; Weird

Well, it seems that my Homelink module is not connected at all, but was trown into the louvres.

I’ve manager to extract the module from the grille.

Nice craftmanship in Freemont!
Incredible :(

I’m wondering what parts I’m missing and what I’ll lose in the future.
I must verify the wheels :(

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 101
  • E2568EDA-0724-4F21-88AF-AADE93D0BF7C.jpeg
    E2568EDA-0724-4F21-88AF-AADE93D0BF7C.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 96
Well, it seems that my Homelink module is not connected at all, but was trown into the louvres.

I’ve manager to extract the module from the grille.

Nice craftmanship in Freemont!
Incredible :(

I’m wondering what parts I’m missing and what I’ll lose in the future.
I must verify the wheels :(
Ouch. At least you figured it out. Did you look to see if the clip holding it on was somewhere? It sounds like the car may have had a bumpy ride from the factory.

2022 MX Plaid here with 30K miles. I just started getting this error two weeks ago VCFRONT_a156_louverblockage
The earliest Tesla Service Center appointment I could get was next weekend so I've been driving around like this for two weeks now with weak AC and extremely loud fan noise.

I'm curious if your issue went away after you resolved your Homelink module problem, or if the louver blockage issue persisted? And if so, what was the fix for you?

I've read up on the other thread referenced in this thread as well, but the discussions there are for older MX's with I assume different louvers...

I’ve removed the fallen homelink module and this made the error go away.
Take a look ar the grill, see if something is stuck, maybe a wood or a dead bird.

Thanks for the update. For my VCFRONT_a156_louverblockage issue, no obstructions that I can see....the louvers back there are just stuck. Service Center appointment is one week away so we'll see what they say when they can finally get me in for service.

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 77