Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protector “bumper” for powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be able to velcro this guard from Home Depot onto the outer case. Width is 25 inches and the PWs are 29.6 inches. A customer posted a photo of it in use in their garage. Not sure if it's really clear, but even white may not be bad. A reviewer in 2017 (rcainlutz) said this "Especially like the clear material as it allows the color of the wall to show." so maybe it is clear.

Park Smart Clear Wall Guard-20005 - The Home Depot

Last edited:
Reactions: Yodeller
I have 3 powerwalls in my garage and I’m looking for a solution that protects them when I open my car door. The garage isn’t super wide. Any suggestions?
Here you go.:
this is where and the molding size I used. I did get confused when it said sold by the foot and shipping stated 3. Thought they were 3- 1ft pieces. It came in full 3' length. Shipping curls it so if you have access to a hair dryer of a fe minutes in an low temp over to heat and overnight on a flat surface.
I clamped a straight edge under the molding location and carefully placed it there. Taped sticky back. try it in place before removing sticky protector. You may want to tape the left or right starting point, full back 6" press into place and then slowly pull tape and squeeze unto it.
I used 3 ft on 1 PW and experimented with a sharp razor blade how it would look to have the ends tapered. Works great.
Then, I had a leftover piece and came to me, why not a T. You could if you want, kind of taper the short butting piece so it almost slides over the long piece as if it was a wood molding fitting together.
Tesla 2 custom.JPG

I pre checked where the door would hit on the battery. That is where my Tesla T is.:)

The rest is also my customization. That shelf paper came from Home Depot, 18" wide and about 20 ft long or more. Takes a bit to get the bubbles out but you can see the result. I took of all the hinges carefully and wrapped the doors so hide as much of the grey paint. Also built that little cherry box to hide the coupler between boxes. Yes, I work with wood too. Built the house, 3.5 years, and put the solar up 8 years ago by myself.

Last edited:
Here you go.:
this is where and the molding size I used. I did get confused when it said sold by the foot and shipping stated 3. Thought they were 3- 1ft pieces. It came in full 3' length. Shipping curls it so if you have access to a hair dryer of a fe minutes in an low temp over to heat and overnight on a flat surface.
I clamped a straight edge under the molding location and carefully placed it there. Taped sticky back. try it in place before removing sticky protector. You may want to tape the left or right starting point, full back 6" press into place and then slowly pull tape and squeeze unto it.
I used 3 ft on 1 PW and experimented with a sharp razor blade how it would look to have the ends tapered. Works great.
Then, I had a leftover piece and came to me, why not a T. You could if you want, kind of taper the short butting piece so it almost slides over the long piece as if it was a wood molding fitting together.
View attachment 579565

I pre checked where the door would hit on the battery. That is where my Tesla T is.:)

The rest is also my customization. That shelf paper came from Home Depot, 18" wide and about 20 ft long or more. Takes a bit to get the bubbles out but you can see the result. I took of all the hinges carefully and wrapped the doors so hide as much of the grey paint. Also built that little cherry box to hide the coupler between boxes. Yes, I work with wood too. Built the house, 3.5 years, and put the solar up 8 years ago by myself.
Thanks!!

I had ordered charlesj's suggestion of the red molding from Brandsport - but that company seems to be out of business or just a scam now. They never shipped, no response to multiple emails or phone calls to their customer service line (which only has a voicemail box, no person). Had to dispute it on my credit card.

I got these from Amazon - really nice, though not as sharp-looking as charlesj's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0833LXLXV

Attachments

• IMG_8471.jpg
    IMG_8471.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 56
I had ordered charlesj's suggestion of the red molding from Brandsport - but that company seems to be out of business or just a scam now. They never shipped, no response to multiple emails or phone calls to their customer service line (which only has a voicemail box, no person). Had to dispute it on my credit card.

I got these from Amazon - really nice, though not as sharp-looking as charlesj's: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0833LXLXV
Sorry to hear your troubles. My order was Not that long after my install last year. Actually I had a hell of a time finding what I have now as strictly made for car doors were too short, etc.
I liked it as they sold it in one piece most any length. I even talked with a person and came rather quickly.

Last edited: