Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Smell your loaner before you accept it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Yes I realize the following is a first world problem but I take every effort to improve my decision making no matter how minuscule.

I am always grateful to get a Tesla loaner because you are still in a Tesla. In my case it’s an S which I don’t own so it’s doubly magical.

Though my particular S loaner had the strongest of cologne, perfume, musks.

Was so overpowering that I’ve been changing 3 shirts a day and I’ve been trying to eliminate any volatile organic compounds with a thorough scrubbing.

I am tempted to drive without a seatbelt it is so over powering.

So if given a choice of more than 1 loaner, smell the car and the seat belt.

Fellow owner buddy @bonesz smelled me coming up with the window rolled down.

CDFDBB10-0754-4029-9629-901635304FCF.jpeg

Yeah I get this in rental cars from time to time. It's terrible. I don't get how some people use so many heavily scented products like cologne or scented laundry stuff. Its very difficult to remedy once a lot of those products have been used. Shouldn't "clean" smell like nothing? /smh

Reactions: MXWing
In the 90's I had a blind date... picked her up, and I could smell her perfume about 25 feet before I got to the front door. Drove to dinner (had a horrible time) and then a bar (she insisted) and then dropped her home (finally)! She asked if I wanted to come in, I was like NFW! I drove home. Next day I get up to go to work on a Saturday, and her perfume permeated every inch of my car. Took days of driving with all the windows down to finally get it out. Which was not easy in a cold Philadelphia winter.

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
In the 90's I had a blind date... picked her up, and I could smell her perfume about 25 feet before I got to the front door. Drove to dinner (had a horrible time) and then a bar (she insisted) and then dropped her home (finally)! She asked if I wanted to come in, I was like NFW! I drove home. Next day I get up to go to work on a Saturday, and her perfume permeated every inch of my car. Took days of driving with all the windows down to finally get it out. Which was not easy in a cold Philadelphia winter.

Why didn't you just get on Tinder and swipe left? :D

Oh the 90's part.

All the wonders of technology in the 21st century and no easy means to get rid of foul odors.