Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase vehicle through tmc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For starters I would say, don't be in a rush. There is a ton to know about Teslas, regarding different options and hardware and timeframes, etc. Spending a couple weeks or so more reading through buying experiences and learning about the surprisingly many nuances will really pay dividends.

I agree with Cbass206. Remember, the required processing fee IS NOT refundable!!! I had a long night of anxiety after executing the "buy" button and watching $2,500 exit my account :)

Additional consideration; the available inventory is extremely dynamic. While I understand you are considering a car on the forum, I would encourage you to also do a daily watch on tesla.com for new inventory and used. Likewise, my OA was quite helpful! Once I knew my true "requirements", she was instrumental in finding my car...and discount.

I hope to have my wheels in the next 2-3 weeks.

Good Luck!

I'm reading your question as being interested in a car advertised in the "marketplace" section of this website.

My one suggestion is to remember that you are looking at a used car, private sale. I've had good experiences buying cars on ebay, but always make sure you know who you are dealing with and thoroughly research, inspect, etc.

For buying a used tesla, don't assume the car has all the features expected or advertised. Tesla regularly changes the features included in each model, not just once a year like traditional auto manufacturers, so model year off the VIN does not easily tell you what is included. So verify AP is as advertised by looking at menus on display, etc.