Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing as a business

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your corporation has enough credit history you may not need a co-signer but if it doesn’t then surely it would. So this will vary from corp to corp
Tesla straight up said they do not allow it to be solely in a corporation’s name (see their quote below). That’s why I’m curious how others have done this.

“With both our leasing and financing options, companies must have a co-signor/co-registrant. The only way to have it solely in the company name through us is to purchase outright (cash)”

Tesla straight up said they do not allow it to be solely in a corporation’s name (see their quote below). That’s why I’m curious how others have done this.

“With both our leasing and financing options, companies must have a co-signor/co-registrant. The only way to have it solely in the company name through us is to purchase outright (cash)”
Oh this is an interesting situation , no clue why they are asking this if you corporation has good credit score (I assume that’s the case else the ask is correct from Tesla)

They are saying this is their policy for all, so I think the corps credit score is irrelevant. Seems very strange to me.
True indeed very strange. I am guessing being a lease, it would be easier for them to go after an individual than a corporation in case of a default, for purchase they get full price and its the Bank who would need to chase in case of default. That's just lame on Tesla's part