Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting Model x on jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm painting my calipers and due to how this paint hardens, will need to do all 4 wheels at once. When I did the model 3 I was able to put the car up on jack stands by swapping from the rear puck position to a spot right under the suspension. I'm curious if anyone here has put their gigantic model x on 4 stands at once? If so, how?

I'm painting my calipers and due to how this paint hardens, will need to do all 4 wheels at once. When I did the model 3 I was able to put the car up on jack stands by swapping from the rear puck position to a spot right under the suspension. I'm curious if anyone here has put their gigantic model x on 4 stands at once? If so, how?
You really don't NEED to do all 4 at once if you don't have the proper or enough stands/jacks, or for an extra $69 just buy a second kit and not have to worry or rush.

I did my 1st Model 3 half-n-half by carefully measuring and splitting the epoxy and hardener for the G2 Caliper kit.

Came out perfect.... I used the Lime Green kit twice now and got the Tesla decals on eBay for the finishing touches.

You really don't NEED to do all 4 at once if you don't have the proper or enough stands/jacks, or for an extra $69 just buy a second kit and not have to worry or rush.

I did my 1st Model 3 half-n-half by carefully measuring and splitting the epoxy and hardener for the G2 Caliper kit.

Came out perfect.... I used the Lime Green kit twice now and got the Tesla decals on eBay for the finishing touches.

What container can u use to split? I know it'll melt plastic. Paper cups ok?

Ok so I went with some glass containers I had on hand. Used a precise scale to cut the paint and hardener in precise halves. I do have 4 jacks but I didn't want to remove all the plastic stuff in order to find a good jack spot for the rear suspension (since needing to put the x on 4 jack stands).

Anyways the paint definitely hardened faster than when I did this on my model 3, but I did get 3ish very heavy coats on there and it looks great. Added black staggered T E S L A emblems as well. Going to do the rear tomorrow.

Attachments

• PXL_20231105_011608624.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231105_011608624.MP.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20231105_015041479.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231105_015041479.MP.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: NJturtlePower