Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harbor Freight floor jacks for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my model y and want to paint the calipers. anyone using a floor jack from harbor freight?

I'm curious if the "low profile" ones from harbor freight are low enough and if they're sufficiently durable

I was looking at this 2 ton aluminium daytona:

I have had this one for years. It's incredibly popular now. I see it in professional shops sometimes. Low enough for a model 3 performance and goes high enough for a pickup truck. It's heavy though.

I paid $179. Wait for super coupons for the jacks.

Just picked up my model y and want to paint the calipers. anyone using a floor jack from harbor freight?

I'm curious if the "low profile" ones from harbor freight are low enough and if they're sufficiently durable

If you are in Washington DC/ Maryland/Virginia area , I got 2 of brand new low profile 3T jacks (red color) from harbor freight extra not opened for sale with deepen discount For Tesla fans (pickup only)

Do you mean this jack. Love it light and easy to carry has lifted my model y over 50 times so far. I used to have the blue and silver 1.5 and it would struggle to lift the tesla. But it was 5 years old and lifted my focus rs nicely. I would NEVER not use a jack stand I bought the ones made for the teslas they are a 3 pices design and were expen but what isn’t for these cars #teslatax 😀
9239733A-01E9-424E-A1D5-5921426550B6.jpeg

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Do you mean this jack. Love it light and easy to carry has lifted my model y over 50 times so far. I used to have the blue and silver 1.5 and it would struggle to lift the tesla. But it was 5 years old and lifted my focus rs nicely. I would NEVER not use a jack stand I bought the ones made for the teslas they are a 3 pices design and were expen but what isn’t for these cars #teslatax 😀View attachment 912602
I have these 2. I don’t use jack stands with my Teslas because I don’t get underneath them.
If I’m doing anything with my ICEs, I always have jack stands under them.

Attachments

• C42640B1-4355-425E-834F-8B78A60D07C4.png
    C42640B1-4355-425E-834F-8B78A60D07C4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: Mattemsmy
Do you mean this jack. Love it light and easy to carry has lifted my model y over 50 times so far. I used to have the blue and silver 1.5 and it would struggle to lift the tesla. But it was 5 years old and lifted my focus rs nicely. I would NEVER not use a jack stand I bought the ones made for the teslas they are a 3 pices design and were expen but what isn’t for these cars #teslatax 😀View attachment 912602
Awesome. That’s exactly the one I was looking at. I assume you have the rennstand Jack stands?

Don't forget to get your jack pads (Rubber pucks) so you place the jack in the appropriate spot on the frame.