Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q: Caliper wrap (non PUP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

R1Fast

P3D Blue/White
Sep 11, 2018
Seattle
Considering wrapping mine with Vivvid hi-temp caliper wrap, but realized there's a very subtle texture to the stock calipers.

I'm not sure how well the wrap will stick and/or avoid air pockets but I want to avoid painting them.

Second option is plasti-dip which I know works well but takes a lot more effort to get similar results.

Who here has wrapped their calipers (M3 non PUP) and if so, how's it holding up?

959D5E85-3EA6-4630-9A79-9A77BBC9EA42.jpeg
I’m not a very experienced “dipper”, but I recently plastidipped my calipers and it was super easy and I’m very happy with the results.

Considering the quality of the results and the cost, I can’t imagine doing it any other way if you’re a DIY guy.

Reactions: gdepau
@R1Fast I applied 2 coats of white and let it set for ~20m before following up with 3-4 wet coats of the green in pretty quick succession. Doing it that way gave them a really nice finish without having to use any glossifier or clear.

I used a little less than one full can of white and maybe one and a half of the green. In total it cost less than $50 and maybe around two hours worth of actual work.

If you’re going to try it, make sure to take your time masking the surrounding area you don’t want sprayed, and that your calipers are thoroughly cleaned and dry. Worst case scenario, you can always remove it. =)