Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great idea for a thread, would be good to share our experiences of our news cars.

My Model Y is still on 2022.11 which is an internal Tesla version for new cars. I’ve read that it can take up to 2 weeks from delivery for the car to allow an update and there’s nothing you can do to speed it up.

Anyone else find the turning circle on MY quite bad?

Great idea for a thread, would be good to share our experiences of our news cars.

My Model Y is still on 2022.11 which is an internal Tesla version for new cars. I’ve read that it can take up to 2 weeks from delivery for the car to allow an update and there’s nothing you can do to speed it up.

Anyone else find the turning circle on MY quite bad?
Ah yes, I had heard upto 2 weeks. We'll see I guess!

As far as turning circle on my M3 I'd agree it's not the greatest. Getting out of tight car parks is that bit trickier.

I have a Sentry mode question. Is there any way to make it notify your phone when an event happens? I'm guessing not but it would be very useful and seems bizarre it doesn't do that already?

Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for those of us lucky enough to collect shiny new Telsas in Q2 rather than spamming the UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion thread?

My first question is has anyone who has recently collected yet had a software update? I've had mine 10 days now and I'm still stuck on software from March. Anyone else?
I had my M3P delivered on the 23rd and the first thing it wanted to do when I got in was update. Checking it now though it's actually showing 2022.11.102 which I guess means there's another update due?

Interestingly I'm having the same issue on the M3P as I had on the MY back in March where Spotify absolutely refuses to load. Hopefully it'll just be a reboot to fix I've just not tried yet.

A reboot fixed my Spotify not loading issue, good luck. I like having it built in, but not sure like it enough to pay for premium connectivity when the trial expires, will probably try tethering or it will be back to Apple Music via Bluetooth - at least until that annual subscription ends.

Agree that the turning circle isn’t great, hopefully one gets used too it.

It took a few drives to get comfortable with the power coming from a 135 bhp Ioniq EV, but totally enjoying that now. Much more responsive like previous sports cars. I have noticed that the fans stay on for quite awhile after an enthusiastic drive, at least I think it’s the battery cooling, as initially I thought I had some setting wrong and the climate control was staying on.

I have a Sentry mode question. Is there any way to make it notify your phone when an event happens? I'm guessing not but it would be very useful and seems bizarre it doesn't do that already?
Sentry has two modes, the level where it just records and the higher level where it triggers the alarm and music etc. It will send you a notification only in the second case. The first level triggers all the time, you wont want to be notified if you park in view of leaves on a windy day,

Ah yes, I had heard upto 2 weeks. We'll see I guess!

As far as turning circle on my M3 I'd agree it's not the greatest. Getting out of tight car parks is that bit trickier.

Mine is actually now downloading the 2022.16 update!

I have now decided what Tesla is the absolute best at. The one thing that really makes it stand out. Is it the acceleration? No. Maybe preconditioning the car before your morning commute? Wrong again.

It is TRAFFIC CONES! So many traffic cones. It literally does not miss a single traffic cone. Anywhere. On any road. Someone could have a traffic cone in their front room and the Tesla would display it. Someone walking along wearing an unusual hat? TRAFFIC CONE. A child? Nope, thats a TRAFFIC CONE! If you really love traffic cones, and lets be honest who doesn't, you absolutely need a Tesla :p

Shame it doesn't pick up knocked over or stacked cones. 😆

I had my first 'phantom braking' experience last night on the motorway while using Autosteer. Felt a bit odd when it happened as there was nothing in view on any 3 lanes of my side of the motorway. Not sure what triggered it.

Though using Autosteer is great after you get used to it. Have to say the deactivation upon lane changes does make it a bit cumbersome to constantly re-engage the mode. If anything, would make me consider EAP. 😂

Shame it doesn't pick up knocked over or stacked cones. 😆

I had my first 'phantom braking' experience last night on the motorway while using Autosteer. Felt a bit odd when it happened as there was nothing in view on any 3 lanes of my side of the motorway. Not sure what triggered it.

Though using Autosteer is great after you get used to it. Have to say the deactivation upon lane changes does make it a bit cumbersome to constantly re-engage the mode. If anything, would make me consider EAP. 😂
I have a foolproof solution for that. I just hog the middle lane 😂

Reactions: Wattsisname
My previous Model 3 didn't have the heat pump, but this one does and it seems to make rather a lot of noise after driving for it a bit. Makes a drone like a fan working too hard when parking from inside the cabin, and there is also a flushing noise periodically. Do other folks have the same?