Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to join the TMC community! This is my first official post here.

Learned so much from other members and got so many good ideas! Thank you.

Someone on the forum shared about the $1 DIY front license plate holder; it was perfect! I will be moving to a new state that doesn't require front plates and am glad the double-sided tape separated without many issues. I got the ultra red color and debated if I should mute the color with matted ppf. If anyone got the ultra red and matte ppfi installed, I would love to see it! Could you post it here on this thread? Thank you!

Anyway, I intentionally got the MY with Gemini wheels to upgrade them to custom wheels. They look fantastic with ultra red. I was looking for any wheels that were forged and had an offset that would allow the wheels to be flushed to the wheel well. I got a full set of 19" Atomic wheels with +35 off. It is perfect! Andrey the owner is an awesome guy who helped out with the order. Once the 255/45 wheels wear out, planning to purchase 265/50/19 to fill in the space; don't want to mess with the suspension, since Tesla is known to deny warranty claims. Anyway, if anyone has questions, let me know.

tesla5.jpg

tesla1.jpg

tesla2.jpg

tesla3.jpg

tesla4.jpg

Your car looks amazing! Enjoy!
I have a few questions for you since you just took delivery if you dont mind me asking.
What is this 1$ DIY plate holder you’re speaking of? I too am in NY.
Did the car come with floor mats, cargo cover, and J1772 adapter? Im trading in my ‘22 MY for a ‘24 MY and I will keep said items from the old car if they don’t come with it. TYIA!

I have a few questions for you since you just took delivery if you dont mind me asking.
Did the car come with floor mats, cargo cover, and J1772 adapter? Im trading in my ‘22 MY for a ‘24 MY and I will keep said items from the old car if they don’t come with it. TYIA!
Lol, I was looking for solutions for the front plate and it was not on TMC but it should have :).
(This really works well)

BTW, if you can get your hands on ppf (any ppf), it will prevent scratches on the bumper after install. This is what I did.

As for items received with the car, I got the floor mats, J1772, and the privacy cover. I ended up purchasing inexpensive all-weather floor mats anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3YMimi73
Thank you for providing feedback and posting picture of [AW01] with your great Model Y!
You or your staff provided excellent service! Thank you. I am installing the rear spoiler and perhaps an aero kit which will accentuate AW01 wheels! I love them and with testing, the Wh/mile has decreased which will extend my range. The weight was noticeably different when I was handling them without the tires. 9 pounds lighter per wheel compared to the Gemini is substantial. I am planning to take some better pictures soon so that others can decide if they want to go this route. Thank you again!

Reactions: Atomic Wheels
Lol, I was looking for solutions for the front plate and it was not on TMC but it should have :).
(This really works well)

BTW, if you can get your hands on ppf (any ppf), it will prevent scratches on the bumper after install. This is what I did.

As for items received with the car, I got the floor mats, J1772, and the privacy cover. I ended up purchasing inexpensive all-weather floor mats anyway.
Thank You for replying, I appreciate it!
Ok I have something similar to that on my M3! My other Teslas, dont have a plate on the front, im just risking it 😂
Ok im glad it comes with all that, i will double check when i take delivery. Yes i purchased all weather mats as well.
All 3 Teslas have PPF on the front bumper, it’s a wonderful thing.

Glad to join the TMC community! This is my first official post here.

Learned so much from other members and got so many good ideas! Thank you.

Someone on the forum shared about the $1 DIY front license plate holder; it was perfect! I will be moving to a new state that doesn't require front plates and am glad the double-sided tape separated without many issues. I got the ultra red color and debated if I should mute the color with matted ppf. If anyone got the ultra red and matte ppfi installed, I would love to see it! Could you post it here on this thread? Thank you!

Anyway, I intentionally got the MY with Gemini wheels to upgrade them to custom wheels. They look fantastic with ultra red. I was looking for any wheels that were forged and had an offset that would allow the wheels to be flushed to the wheel well. I got a full set of 19" Atomic wheels with +35 off. It is perfect! Andrey the owner is an awesome guy who helped out with the order. Once the 255/45 wheels wear out, planning to purchase 265/50/19 to fill in the space; don't want to mess with the suspension, since Tesla is known to deny warranty claims. Anyway, if anyone has questions, let me know.

View attachment 1020605

View attachment 1020606

View attachment 1020607

View attachment 1020608

View attachment 1020609
Wow! She's a BEAUTY!! (Basenor mud flaps? Picked up a pair in anticipation of my Y.) I also ordered the Ultra Red Y and HOPE to be taking delivery between March 3 and 12. Also highly considering PPF; considered the matte - would be cool, though the gloss Ultra Red color does look pretty sweet - might be a shame to mute that color.

Considering those 3D matts many youtubers are recommending - look kinda sweet.

Wow! She's a BEAUTY!! (Basenor mud flaps? Picked up a pair in anticipation of my Y.) I also ordered the Ultra Red Y and HOPE to be taking delivery between March 3 and 12. Also highly considering PPF; considered the matte - would be cool, though the gloss Ultra Red color does look pretty sweet - might be a shame to mute that color.
I was going for stealth grey with matte ppf, but when I saw the ultra red in person, I changed my mind. My brother-in-law and I run a ppf/vinyl/tint business called Kpal. We currently sell directly to dealerships and detailing shops in the US so I have access to all our latest products. In a month, I will be wrapping it with our top glossy clear 8mil ppf.

Yesterday, as I was walking back to the car, the sun was glistening against the rich red color. Each time I see this color (yes! I am very biased haha), I am reminded that I made the right choice. When the weather gets warmer, I am planning to paint my calipers with Anodized red; I love doing DIY projects! I am close to pulling the trigger in purchasing the Adro aero kit. After this, my car projector will be done!

You will love it when you pick it up!

I ended up purchasing these mats. I think they are just as good and no need to pay the premium cost:

These are the ones I purchased for mug flaps but I will need to remove them once I get the aero kit; probably purchase the rally armor flaps.

I was going for stealth grey with matte ppf, but when I saw the ultra red in person, I changed my mind. My brother-in-law and I run a ppf/vinyl/tint business called Kpal. We currently sell directly to dealerships and detailing shops in the US so I have access to all our latest products. In a month, I will be wrapping it with our top glossy clear 8mil ppf.

Yesterday, as I was walking back to the car, the sun was glistening against the rich red color. Each time I see this color (yes! I am very biased haha), I am reminded that I made the right choice. When the weather gets warmer, I am planning to paint my calipers with Anodized red; I love doing DIY projects! I am close to pulling the trigger in purchasing the Adro aero kit. After this, my car projector will be done!

You will love it when you pick it up!

I ended up purchasing these mats. I think they are just as good and no need to pay the premium cost:

These are the ones I purchased for mug flaps but I will need to remove them once I get the aero kit; probably purchase the rally armor flaps.

I always find third party mats and accessories lacking in quality. Tesla ones are very nice and while you pay a premium, you also get what you paid for with them.

The only aftermarket ones I had to get is for the back of the rear seats. Tesla doesn’t make them and I need them. That’s where Amazon marketplace shines. Many options from which to choose!

I always find third party mats and accessories lacking in quality. Tesla ones are very nice and while you pay a premium, you also get what you paid for with them.

The only aftermarket ones I had to get is for the back of the rear seats. Tesla doesn’t make them and I need them. That’s where Amazon marketplace shines. Many options from which to choose!
Are you speaking to the Tesla matts that come with the car or matts you purchased after delivery?