Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what mileage have people racked up so far?

What is your average Wh/Mile?

I have done 904 miles in nearly 3 weeks of ownership. That is much higher than I'd normally do. I've clearly been finding excuses to go for a drive :oops:

I'm averaging 225 Wh/Mile which is really good, especially seeing as I've put the pedal to the metal 🤣 and have been heavy on the HVAC in the past week or so!
Had it since 21st June…..fair to say I’m using the available power!

Attachments

• 74B4FDDA-928F-4F9E-BAD2-7C934B0814C4.jpeg
    74B4FDDA-928F-4F9E-BAD2-7C934B0814C4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
I don't see it mentioned before, but my new June Model 3 seems to be vision only autopilot, I can tell because it forces the wipers to be on auto. Are new Model Ys from June the same?

Yesterday some sticky bug guts squished in the cameras vision so the wipers wouldn't stop trying to remove it, and the squirters wouldn't either, so now I need to pack some screen cleaner in the car so I can stop and clean it. This didn't used to happen in the radar based model 3, I could turn off the wipers, seems to be a known 'difference'.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
I don't see it mentioned before, but my new June Model 3 seems to be vision only autopilot, I can tell because it forces the wipers to be on auto. Are new Model Ys from June the same?

Yesterday some sticky bug guts squished in the cameras vision so the wipers wouldn't stop trying to remove it, and the squirters wouldn't either, so now I need to pack some screen cleaner in the car so I can stop and clean it. This didn't used to happen in the radar based model 3, I could turn off the wipers, seems to be a known 'difference'.
Yes, all vision only now…. Until they change something again. I had to accept this to progress my order as it had changed since I originally ordered back in November.

Where did you get the black centre caps? I think I'm about to give up waiting for Tesla to get some stock of the silver ones.

Also, what sort of price is the ceramic coating, tempted to get this done as well but no idea what a fair price would be.
Sorry for the delay, I didn’t see the post.

They are these ones

Yes, all vision only now…. Until they change something again. I had to accept this to progress my order as it had changed since I originally ordered back in November.
By Daniel Cappo Jun 4 2021 - 9:41pm

Tesla’s Elimination of Radar Is Paying Off In A Big Way​

There is now proof that eliminating radar was the right thing to do for Tesla. Tesla took the dreaded training wheels off and they are now able to let loose. A future without radar appears to be a very promising one.

But what do I know?
I do know that the aitch key is stuck down but tanks to spell checker, it miraculously appears most of the time unless the miss spelling is a bona fide word.....so tanks to the Ukraine for olding off the Russian treat............:oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
@Wattsisname - where did you get your silver/chrome caps and lug covers from?
I found them by searching on the net. There is quite a variety available usually in sets of hub covers and wheel nut covers. However, I believe I bought the latter as a discrete set and the hub covers separately.
I will try to be more specific tomorrow PM.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
Nice day to drive a shiny Tesla 😁
Great day, great car, superb air con what's not to like. Have a great drive.

Lizzie was washed and dried early before the sun hit full volume. I had to rid her of a coating of aphid honeydew from the tower block sized foreign limes that cause great irritation to our street's more fastidious car owners.....that would be me then....😚

She now rests resplendently cocooned in her Tesla brand car cover. I suppose the cover will require a wipe down before Lizzie emerges sleepy eyed but charged and ready to fly tomorrow morning early(is).

I drove BimX3 for the first time in a week this morning. Weird and a bit scary; When I took my foot of the gas, she seemed to accelerate:oops:.

I do love regeneration breaking.

Have a great afternoon, Popsy-Pair and all.

Lizzie was washed and dried early before the sun hit full volume. I had to rid her of a coating of aphid honeydew from the tower block sized foreign limes that cause great irritation to our street's more fastidious car owners.....that would be me then....😚

She now rests resplendently cocooned in her Tesla brand car cover. I suppose the cover will require a wipe down before Lizzie emerges sleepy eyed but charged and ready to fly tomorrow morning early(is).

I drove BimX3 for the first time in a week this morning. Weird and a bit scary; When I took my foot of the gas, she seemed to accelerate:oops:.

Sounds like you're looking after Lizzie well.
I agree, regen breaking is great. I found a new game, when stopping in traffic, don't touch the brake until you have to, it's like a really expensive game of chicken 😁.
After washing the car 4 times in just over 2 weeks, I've found some possible panel gaps. The Queen says I'm seeing things, admittedly, it's nothing too serious. One of the doors sits slightly lower than the door next too it and the boot sits slightly in, not quite flush. Is it bad enough to call out the cavalry, probably not, but when I'm passing Tesla next, I may just pop in.
On the whole, the car is a joy to drive. Thank god for supercharging, the third party chargers with all the apps are a pain.
Hope you guys are enjoying yours too 👍

Sounds like you're looking after Lizzie well.
I agree, regen breaking is great. I found a new game, when stopping in traffic, don't touch the brake until you have to, it's like a really expensive game of chicken 😁.
After washing the car 4 times in just over 2 weeks, I've found some possible panel gaps. The Queen says I'm seeing things, admittedly, it's nothing too serious. One of the doors sits slightly lower than the door next too it and the boot sits slightly in, not quite flush. Is it bad enough to call out the cavalry, probably not, but when I'm passing Tesla next, I may just pop in.
On the whole, the car is a joy to drive. Thank god for supercharging, the third party chargers with all the apps are a pain.
Hope you guys are enjoying yours too 👍
Haha!
It's nice to know I'm not the only nut in the village.
1. Regen chicken. Same here.
2. "Sudden" appearance of panel gaps and of kilter door alignment. Same here.
I promise myself a trip to Tesla next week, not so much about the above but rather:
3. Tried a million times to Bluetooth phone to car.
4. Tried a million tmes to wifi Lizzie to the house wifi.
5. Can't connect connect Spotty.
So, limited to the radio and not getting any benefit from the Premium trial.
I have not yet used half what she is capable of; EAP or even navigate on AP .
I blame the heat.

In other news: Some time ago, time honoured member @WannabeOwner, recommended A Better Route Planner. I am indebted; it is so very good. Endless fun planning routes around Europe for our hols late August. Lots of parameters to play with though youhave log out and back in to change them.
I found that, although cumbersome, it was better to set up individual sections of the tour and save them. When finally settled on the whole tour's route, it should be easy to mannual put them in the satnav because each leg begins and ends with a Supercharger location.

Haha!
I promise myself a trip to Tesla next week, not so much about the above but rather:
I blame the heat.

In other news: Some time ago, time honoured member @WannabeOwner, recommended A Better Route Planner. I am indebted; it is so very good. Endless fun planning routes around Europe for our hols late August. Lots of parameters to play with though youhave log out and back in to change them.
I found that, although cumbersome, it was better to set up individual sections of the tour and save them. When finally settled on the whole tour's route, it should be easy to mannual put them in the satnav because each leg begins and ends with a Supercharger location.
Yes, I just came across said route planner last night. It asks you for make and model of your car. Also takes into account elevation and temperature when calculating range. I did laugh at the way it had me stopping at superchargers to put 40% charge in to get to the next supercharger lol

Reactions: Wattsisname
Haha!
I blame the heat.

I had the Spotify issue - I changed the language to English and then back to British English and it burst into life!

No issues with Bluetooth for me, but same WiFi struggles (the phone connects from the car, but not convinced it’s good enough for me to complain… yet). Saying that, I haven’t tried since the language change…

I had the Spotify issue - I changed the language to English and then back to British English and it burst into life!

No issues with Bluetooth for me, but same WiFi struggles (the phone connects from the car, but not convinced it’s good enough for me to complain… yet). Saying that, I haven’t tried since the language change…
Thanks for the feedback.

I shall pop to Tesla Guildford next week, (any excuse for a 2x30 mile run), and have the team sort Spotty and Bluetooth.
I'm not sure a house call is going to be possible to sort the wife.....the wife!!! The wi-fi (Spellchecker will get me in trouble one of these days.

Now then......SWMBO, a glint in her eye, says something about being sorted by the Tesla Ranger on a house call...which I will not reveal here.......

I do love the air con - and the ability to pop it on a few minutes before getting in the car. Still getting used to charging etc (seems like there's a problem with my Zappi or it's installation which hopefully will be sorted in the coming week) - the ability to drive just on solar energy is a big part of my choice to buy the MY.

I've got to admit though, coming from a Jaguar XF S from 2011, there's a couple of bits I'm working hard to get used to:

- Ride quality. Definitely more 'wallow-y' than the Jag - to be expected I guess as it sits higher on the road. Also definitely bumpier too. I don't see it as a deal-breaker, more just something to get used to, but can be tiring at the moment.

- Driving smoothly. This is just so simple in the Jag in comparison. The accelerator with regen braking as part of its function means it is extremely sensitive and is taking a while to get to the point where I can drive the car as smoothly as the Jag. It feels as though the accelerator is simply a linear input to the electric motor, with no smoothing mapping/function. Again, something that I'm getting used to and hopefully will get better the more I drive the car.

The smooth driving is more problematic than the ride quality. I've had several comments that it feels uncomfortable (I'm really not that bad - just sometimes coming off the accelerator can result in harsher braking than the passengers are expecting / like) - and possibly even travel sickness inducing. Please someone tell me I'm not alone in experiencing this??!

I love the roominess in the car and when I drive on my own the lovely power that's on tap. And of course driving on sunshine... ;)

I do love the air con - and the ability to pop it on a few minutes before getting in the car. Still getting used to charging etc (seems like there's a problem with my Zappi or it's installation which hopefully will be sorted in the coming week) - the ability to drive just on solar energy is a big part of my choice to buy the MY.

I've got to admit though, coming from a Jaguar XF S from 2011, there's a couple of bits I'm working hard to get used to:

- Ride quality. Definitely more 'wallow-y' than the Jag - to be expected I guess as it sits higher on the road. Also definitely bumpier too. I don't see it as a deal-breaker, more just something to get used to, but can be tiring at the moment.

- Driving smoothly. This is just so simple in the Jag in comparison. The accelerator with regen braking as part of its function means it is extremely sensitive and is taking a while to get to the point where I can drive the car as smoothly as the Jag. It feels as though the accelerator is simply a linear input to the electric motor, with no smoothing mapping/function. Again, something that I'm getting used to and hopefully will get better the more I drive the car.

The smooth driving is more problematic than the ride quality. I've had several comments that it feels uncomfortable (I'm really not that bad - just sometimes coming off the accelerator can result in harsher braking than the passengers are expecting / like) - and possibly even travel sickness inducing. Please someone tell me I'm not alone in experiencing this??!

I love the roominess in the car and when I drive on my own the lovely power that's on tap. And of course driving on sunshine... ;)
It certainly does not sound like my experience in my MY. I find feathering the pedal for regen breaking both easy and fun. However, we had an hour each in the Model 3 and the Y and so knew what to expect. Also, 750 miles since 7th July has helped.

I am sure you will get to enjoy the car. Viva la difference:)

I find our road quality so bad here that most cars feel about the same ride quality wise ( I have yet to drive an airy S.
I certainly feel no ride quality loss from the bemiX3 which I drove today for the first time in a week and found the absence of regen quite scary.
Perhaps coming out of a Jaguar would be more of a shock to the system. When on a decent bit of blacktop the Y is, for me, silky smooth.

BTW: You don't forget, you don't have to drive with full regen.

Sorry about your Zappi. I went for Teslas Gen 3 and a Tesla approved installer (who impressed me very much). sa as to keep the blame game within one company.

In the hope that the wrinkles with be smoothed out, I wish you all best.