TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

QR code for More Information?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by pete8314, Feb 28, 2013.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Aside from the many people asking the usual questions when I'm parked/at lights/driving along the freeway(!), I seem to get a lot more people who (understandably) don't really want to approach me, but are happy to snap pics of the car when it's parked up. I'm still amazed at how many people have never heard of Tesla, but, there's lots of them (at least half the people that talk to me, including in my own company), so was wondering it's its worth us having a little QR code that can be scanned for more information? Ideally a window cling, but that's for Tesla to do, so just something taped to the window I guess.

The example below just links to my TMC profile page, so that was one of my questions, should we just have a generic link to Model S | Tesla Motors As an alternative, we could (I assume) each have a more detailed profile page on this site, showing the actual car and spec? It could potentially drive traffic and future owners here, which I assume is a good thing?

tesla QR.jpg

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

You can get static cling window decals from most office supply stores or online. They have both inkjet and laser versions.

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

That'll make it easy then, just raid the office supply website ;-)

4. Laurent

Laurent Member

That's useless in my opinion. Most people have absolutely no idea what QR codes are. Just say "Learn more at teslamotors.com".

5. inottawa

inottawa Member

Most people know what QR codes are, but have no idea how to scan or read them with their smartphone.

The only time the QR code 'may' get attention is in parking lots. I'd say the car is more noticeable while in motion on the road and you don't really want other cars trying to scan QR codes next to you in motion.

6. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I see QR codes everywhere, including every tradeshow I seem to go to. This infographic is old now, but it shows the exponential growth of QR codes. This report is more up to date, I would think that a large part of the target demographic for the Model S would know what a QR code is, and how to scan it, but, maybe not!

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

The problem with a QR code is that the people who know what it is and how to use it would 100 percent be the people who already know about Tesla.

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

You think? Oh well, at least I'm hipper than I thought I was :)