Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about a Model X available with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to purchase a Model X and came across two interesting choices available with Tesla and was wondering how do I calculate whether it is a good deal or not? I did go through tons of posting on how to calculate the price, like subtract the tax credit, $1 per every mile, $10,000 per year, etc. but the X's I am interested in are with Tesla and have been previously demo cars. Is there is a way to calculate a reasonable price for them too or do I have to go with the offered price. Any response will be appreciated.

Here are the two that I like:

Model X 75D 5YJXCAE20HF041764 | Tesla

Model X 90D 5YJXCBE21HF044694 | Tesla

Thanks!

Go with the 90 if you can afford it and ditch the white seats. Tesla will not negotiate their prices with you.

Thanks DoughH for the response. On a different note, is there any benefit of 90D over 75D (other than quicker acceleration). Majority of the commute for me will be local and I would end up charging at home, every night. It is only where you are traveling to a different city that the extra 20 miles maybe helpful but then even those 20 miles are in ideal conditions. So is $10,000 difference worth it? I personally don't care must about the extra benefit of acceleration.

I am looking to purchase a Model X and came across two interesting choices available with Tesla and was wondering how do I calculate whether it is a good deal or not? I did go through tons of posting on how to calculate the price, like subtract the tax credit, $1 per every mile, $10,000 per year, etc. but the X's I am interested in are with Tesla and have been previously demo cars. Is there is a way to calculate a reasonable price for them too or do I have to go with the offered price. Any response will be appreciated.

Here are the two that I like:

Model X 75D 5YJXCAE20HF041764 | Tesla

Model X 90D 5YJXCBE21HF044694 | Tesla

Thanks!
Raincloud,

I had some of the same questions and contacted my local Ownership Advisor and he sent me a few vehicles that included a discount for being demo vehicles. Example attached. With that said, I would contact an OA and ask them the specific questions regarding the inventory/demo vehicles.

My 2 cents CDN.

rx

Attachments

• image011.png
    image011.png
    264 KB · Views: 91
Tesla is well-known not to negotiate but is known to offer rare but compelling deals to move stale inventory, typically in Q4 but no one really knows when for certain. Yes the 90 is stronger off the block maybe a test drive of comparable Xs at a local show room is helpful. (I did no test drive and have no regrets. ;))

General rule of thumb is to buy the biggest battery you can comfortably afford. If you cruise around TMC, you'll not find anyone complaining they bought too much range. 20 miles is huge when least expected and most needed. One roadtrip with inclement weather (cold, wind etc) or an unplanned detour, extra incline or miscalculation is all it takes.

BTW, the price sheet notes an included referral discount. Today's newly announced referrals are decidedly better so be sure you submit (either online or verbal to your OA) a current referral code to get the usual $1000 discount plus unlimited supercharging during the period which you own your Tesla vehicle. Here is mine, if you are not already covered by another. My Tesla Referral Code Good luck with your decision......exciting stuff!!!

Thanks DoughH for the response. On a different note, is there any benefit of 90D over 75D (other than quicker acceleration). Majority of the commute for me will be local and I would end up charging at home, every night. It is only where you are traveling to a different city that the extra 20 miles maybe helpful but then even those 20 miles are in ideal conditions. So is $10,000 difference worth it? I personally don't care must about the extra benefit of acceleration.
I'm happy with my 75 but I did have a budget.

Go with the 90 if you can afford it and ditch the white seats. Tesla will not negotiate their prices with you.
What are you talking about?! The white seats are the best! But for only approximately $8000 difference (compared to the 75D shown), and if you are willing to have only 6 seats, the 90D seems like a better choice. You get more range as well.

Thank you all for the great responses. This all was very helpful. Just a follow up question, I know Tesla won't negotiate but do they price their cars according to the market (demand/supply). I am talking about the demo cars. I found a car in FL which is 75D and has similar milage to the one in Atlanta which is 90D BUT the price difference is around $14,000 when IMHO it should be $10,000 difference.

Car in FL, 75D with 6 seats: Model X 75D 5YJXCBE28HF040223 | Tesla

Another one in FL, 75 D with 7 seats with 1000 more milage but same price Model X 75D 5YJXCAE21HF039344 | Tesla

90D in Atlanta with 6 seats Model X 90D 5YJXCBE21HF044694 | Tesla

I can see why the 7 seaters is similarly priced as 6, due to 1000 extra milage but the one is Atlanta is $14,000 more than the 75s.

Thank you all for the great responses. This all was very helpful. Just a follow up question, I know Tesla won't negotiate but do they price their cars according to the market (demand/supply). I am talking about the demo cars. I found a car in FL which is 75D and has similar milage to the one in Atlanta which is 90D BUT the price difference is around $14,000 when IMHO it should be $10,000 difference.

Another one in FL, 75 D with 7 seats with 1000 more milage but same price Model X 75D 5YJXCAE21HF039344 | Tesla

I can see why the 7 seaters is similarly priced as 6, due to 1000 extra milage but the one is Atlanta is $14,000 more than the 75s.

Check out my P90XD

Tesla Model X P90D for sale - insane

I also considered the FL car (seems like a nice build), but the shipping cost was $2K to CA. Unclear how active they are changing inventory car pricing based on demand/supply, it's possible, but you'd have to ask them.

If you ask your sales advisor, they usually have a good sense on how "good" a deal is for their inventory cars. I ended up going with a local inventory car that was nicely discounted with < 75 miles driven.

I also considered the FL car (seems like a nice build), but the shipping cost was $2K to CA. Unclear how active they are changing inventory car pricing based on demand/supply, it's possible, but you'd have to ask them.

If you ask your sales advisor, they usually have a good sense on how "good" a deal is for their inventory cars. I ended up going with a local inventory car that was nicely discounted with < 75 miles driven.

Remember a one way plane ticket is only $3-400 and the road trip would be the cost of food/hotels. With a road trip like that under your belt you would never get range anxiety again. I encourage everyone to do it. Good luck with your search.

In my opinion unless you need all 7 seats go with a 6 seat car. We have 7 seats and there is a big lack of rear visibility with the high center headrest. You also loose the ability to carry long items between the rear seats with the 7 seat. Tesla really didn't think out the 6/7 seating arrangement very well by not allowing the rear seats to fold flat like the 5 seat. I would have preferred a 5 seater arrangement with the two additional rear seats. Kids could jump over the folded seats in a pinch. Money wise, an inventory car has the same benefits as a new, $7500 tax credit, 179 tax deduction, $1k referral credit, full warrantee, plus the inventory discount. A one year old used "P" car would have to have around $35k discount from sticker or $20k plus off on a X75/90 sticker price. It's hard to beat a new one because the numbers on used don't add up. The 90 is also more desirable because you don't have to charge up as far and still have decent range. The last bit of battery charge takes a long time so it's nice to have that extra without taking the extra time supercharging.