Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about accepting financing terms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I ordered a performance model 3 last Monday the 25th and I'm very excited. I am trying to get everything completed on the "manage" page but I have a question about the payment step. I submitted my credit application for Tesla financing and there is now an "I agree" button to accept the terms. However the terms include my trade in value which is not yet reflecting my payoff amount that I still owe. So basically it's showing more towards the Tesla than I want to actually put down. If I accept the terms now, can they still adjust the amount financed once the trade in is finalized and what not? Thanks!

Reach out to themt. I assume they can credit you back post delivery.

I just did mine in store, SA said I could swap loans if I wanted to since I was considering a credit union.

Depending if you're prepaying it might affect it, if you know by delivery and you will be paying in store you should be fine. Good luck!

Mine was just updated today with the lien payoff amount and net trade-in credit and I had to click to accept the trade in offer.

Now when I sign in to my account it has gone back to the old view (no longer has separate tabs for next steps and steps completed). Under payment method it now says ...

"Next Steps
You have confirmed your loan terms.
As your delivery approaches, we will prompt you to complete your final payment."

Reactions: coconutboy84
Mine was just updated today with the lien payoff amount and net trade-in credit and I had to click to accept the trade in offer.

Now when I sign in to my account it has gone back to the old view (no longer has separate tabs for next steps and steps completed). Under payment method it now says ...

"Next Steps
You have confirmed your loan terms.
As your delivery approaches, we will prompt you to complete your final payment."
how long did you wait for the lien payoff amount? ive been waiting a couple days now