Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About Autopark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still needs some work, as others have said. Can’t get it to recognize a spot most of the time. It takes a while, so it’s embarrassing if anyone else is around and waiting to get by you. Mostly something I just show first time passengers for the wow factor. Just find real-world application limited. This was one of my first attempts... “Autopark complete”.

Attachments

• 7A16D756-4F8E-4445-BB55-1EE4FE30029E.jpeg
    7A16D756-4F8E-4445-BB55-1EE4FE30029E.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 84
It works fairly well for me, though as others have mentioned I use it more as a wow thing for passengers since it's a bit slow, though it's surprisingly good at getting into tight spaces, a process that is pretty cool to watch.

It only scared me once during a perpendicular park: it pulled waaaay too far forward to back into the spot, and I slammed the brake before it was about to hit the car in front of it. The car had a really glossy / shiny chrome metal bumper, which maybe confused it? Not sure, but that was the only time I had any issues, it's otherwise been perfect for me (besides getting it to see open spots at all).

You feel that allowing a driverless function to work with no driver in the car is some kind of technical achievement.... why, exactly?

They're simply skipping the safety backstop of keeping the driver in the car, something Tesla can drop at any time.

Not me. Elon has said many times that you would be able to get out of the car and the car will find a parking spot and park. I was just showing that there was a car company out there that have moved to the next step already before Tesla.
But I'm sure he's busy figuring out this small hiccup in Autopilothttps://electrek.co/2020/06/01/tesla-model-3-crashing-truck-autopilot-video-viral/

Last edited: