Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question About Defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model 3 today and it was a dealer demo car that was shipped up here. When inspecting it I noticed both passenger rims had curb rash.

I pointed this out to the person I was working with and after speaking with the manager they said they would replace them for me, I just needed to schedule a service appointment.

When I went to schedule the appointment the earliest one was more than a week away and now I’m super paranoid they won’t honor what was verbally said.

Does anyone have advice for me?

Schedule the appointment and reference who you talked to and when, along with the issue. many service centers are 2-3 even 4 weeks out, so its not that unusual for that time frame to be the earliest appointment. Did they fill it out on a due bill? If not, that would be the other piece of advice. I believe in tesla land the "we owe" form is a due bill.

have the person you talked to (or preferably the manager they got approval from) give you a due bill and you should be good go. If you dont have one, I would contact them back and ask for one so you have some proof that someone said they would take care of it for you.

Schedule the appointment and reference who you talked to and when, along with the issue. many service centers are 2-3 even 4 weeks out, so its not that unusual for that time frame to be the earliest appointment. Did they fill it out on a due bill? If not, that would be the other piece of advice. I believe in tesla land the "we owe" form is a due bill.

have the person you talked to (or preferably the manager they got approval from) give you a due bill and you should be good go. If you dont have one, I would contact them back and ask for one so you have some proof that someone said they would take care of it for you.
Thank you! I will give them a call tomorrow.

Lol that is an option. Not really an answer to the whole, what if they don’t do it question, but an option nonetheless.

That is the only real option (due bill). If they wont do it, you need to speak with the person who told you it was ok and ask them to get one. If they actually said they would fix it, they should not have a problem getting it to you. If they didnt... then you might have a problem.

Reactions: cwerdna