Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Model S CPO warranty (maintenance)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Tesla CPO with 2 years and 100,000 miles the warranty expires when the car reaches 100,000 miles. My experience with Tesla and everyone at Tesla telling me this that my car when purchased had 85,000 miles and now my car has 102,000 miles. They have refused warranty on my car which is still under 2 years from the date of delivery.

It's 2 years or when it hits 100k. Which ever comes first. I don't understand why it's so hard to understand that.

The only difference is if you get the 4 years warranty it's 4 years or 50k miles counting on the day of purchase.

The two “CPO” warranties available are a little misleading in terms of mileage - one is “additional mileage” (after delivery) and one is “total mileage”. The 4-year, 50k additional mile warranty ends as soon as you put that 50,000th mile on your car after delivery, regardless of how many were on your car to start with. So if your car has 45,000 miles when you take delivery, the instant you hit 95,000, your warranty is gone. Unless you take longer than 4 years to get there, in which case it expires based on time.

The 2-year, 100k total mileage warranty expires as soon as your odometer crosses 100,000 - no matter how many miles were on your car at delivery or how long you’ve had the car.

Tesla generally assigns the 2-year, 100k total mileage warranty to used cars with over 50,000 on the odometer or cars that are older than 4 years, and generally assigns the 4-year, 50k additional mileage warranty to used cars with under 50,000 on the odometer. The net effect is that they will never be providing warranty coverage to any car over 100k.