Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Music/Spotify/Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 profiles set up in my new Y; mine and my wife's. We both have iPhones, and they are linked (I think). I have a Spotify account now set-up in the car. When I am the driver profile currently selected, I assume that it works as set-up. If my wife's profile is selected, will she see my Spotify account, or will she need to log hers in? Never thought I would need an IT department to use a car, but love it! Thanks for your help.

Right now there is only a single Spotify account allowed (same with the streaming or tune-in account). There have been rumblings about per driver audio accounts but nothing has happened yet. I for one would love to have this (would give it all up for CarPlay though).
Thank you. Will she be able to use my Spotify?

Sure. She can use your Spotify (or TuneIn or Streaming account) but she will be using the same account as you.
Not ideal for me since she tends towards country and me rock so my personal preferences get skewed but she's worth the hassle. :)

I'm toying with creating a third Spotify account for the TM3P on the family plan which would be shared by the both of us, and then use the desktop app to move playlists back and forth when needed. Again not ideal, especially if you are messing with playlists often.