Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about Nissan Leaf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
I am renting a Nissan Leaf while my Tesla is being repaired. I got it home, plugged the 120 v. charger into the wall and plugged it into the car. From the front of the car looking through the windshield, there are three blue lights. The left-most two are solid, and the right-most one is blinking. I downloaded the quick user guide and cannot find anything about these lights.

Can someone please tell me what they mean?

Thanks.

(The Leaf is definitely a big step down from the Model 3. Handling, acceleration, comfort. But at least I am driving electric while my Tesla is being repaired.)

I am renting a Nissan Leaf while my Tesla is being repaired. I got it home, plugged the 120 v. charger into the wall and plugged it into the car. From the front of the car looking through the windshield, there are three blue lights. The left-most two are solid, and the right-most one is blinking. I downloaded the quick user guide and cannot find anything about these lights.

Can someone please tell me what they mean?

Thanks.

(The Leaf is definitely a big step down from the Model 3. Handling, acceleration, comfort. But at least I am driving electric while my Tesla is being repaired.)
First flashing light:0-33%
Second 34-66%
Third 67-100%

The confusing part is after all 3 lights are 100% full and satisfied, they will all turn off as if it was never plugged in or charged!

You can tell it is working well, as you described, because there will be a little beep and then at one of the blue lights will begin to flash. They turn off when done. You can also check the charger for its lights, one of which tells you that it is connected successfully to your wall socket and the other that charging is going on.

You can tell it is working well, as you described, because there will be a little beep and then at one of the blue lights will begin to flash. They turn off when done. You can also check the charger for its lights, one of which tells you that it is connected successfully to your wall socket and the other that charging is going on.

Thanks. I couldn't see the lights on the charger because the way it was plugged into the wall the face was downward on a shelf. But all went well. The car was always charged after it had been plugged in. I returned it yesterday in hopes of getting mine back that afternoon. (Still hoping to get mine back soon. One disadvantage of living in paradise: everything takes forever.)