Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about post payment documentation / receipt of payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking to verify that Tesla provides a proof of payment document. I specifically need something that shows that the vehicle balance has been paid, and the amount paid. Do they provide this? I found people online on reddit saying that they do not, and that there is no payment receipt available.

The MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) shows a zero balance due. I got the completed MVPA when I handed them a cashiers check when I picked up my 3 and my wifes Y. Not sure if you are looking for something other than that, however.

The MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) shows a zero balance due. I got the completed MVPA when I handed them a cashiers check when I picked up my 3 and my wifes Y. Not sure if you are looking for something other than that, however.
I think that will be sufficient, I actually got mine before delivery (immediately after VIN assignment). The version I got, prior to me making any payments, shows a zero balance, so I wasn't entirely sure what that did. Do they provide you with a final copy or do you have to sign one when you pick up the vehicle? I'm going to have to be reimbursed for the purchase so I just need some sort of proof of payment.

I think that will be sufficient, I actually got mine before delivery (immediately after VIN assignment). The version I got, prior to me making any payments, shows a zero balance, so I wasn't entirely sure what that did. Do they provide you with a final copy or do you have to sign one when you pick up the vehicle? I'm going to have to be reimbursed for the purchase so I just need some sort of proof of payment.

I only have 2 Teslas (my model 3 and my wifes model Y) and the model Y is the newest one, which I got in march of 2022. I say that to say "its been a minute" since I picked up my wifes car, so I am going from memory of a year and half ago or so.

I dont remember if I electronically accepted and also signed something physical (wet signature) or not. Hopefully someone more recent will chime in.

I called Tesla and asked them about this. They told me that a document would be added showing payment was complete after final payment was made, regardless of when that occurred.

I will come back after I do that and update as to if that actually happens.