Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about selling mounted wheels and shipping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC brain trust-

What's the going rate for used 21" Grey turbine wheels with mounted tires. Tires have about half their life left and wheels are in excellent condition. I'm asking for $300 each but not sure if that's the going rate nowadays.

Have any of you shipped tires/wheels via UPS or postal or FEDEX? What does that cost? When I checked the UPS website it was crazy high, not making it economically viable really to ship. I thought there were special shipping rates you could get for wheels/tires?

Thanks.

When I sold my Model 3 I ended up with an extra set of tires and wheels. I put a posting on the local Tesla Facebook group and sold the entire set within 2 days for cash.

I'd just put buyer pays actual shipping or picks up. I looked at the UPS to the far side of the country, and indicated that would probably be the most expensive shipping. A man in an adjacent state bought them and put the shipping on his business shipping account.

Reactions: KJD