Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about some persistent sounds while at rest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have own my MX for 2 months so I’m still getting use to everything. Recently I was sitting in the garage and noticed some sounds. These occur in a specific sequence and are continue. I tried doing a search but did not come up with an answer. About every 55 seconds I hear two relay type clicks from the rear area this is followed by a motor sound from the front(circulation or air suspension motor) which will run 30 seconds then stop. About 55 seconds later it starts all over again and is continuous. The car will not go to sleep.

I have own my MX for 2 months so I’m still getting use to everything. Recently I was sitting in the garage and noticed some sounds. These occur in a specific sequence and are continue. I tried doing a search but did not come up with an answer. About every 55 seconds I hear two relay type clicks from the rear area this is followed by a motor sound from the front(circulation or air suspension motor) which will run 30 seconds then stop. About 55 seconds later it starts all over again and is continuous. The car will not go to sleep.

When you sit in the car, the car is essentially running but if you are in Park the drive train is disconnected. There are coolant pumps that are pushing fluid through the systems and getting rid of heat via the radiator, suspension air pumps that are leveling the car to your selected setting, etc. When you get out of the car, the weight sensor in the seats open and this activity shuts down.

This change is something you get used to after awhile. And is part of the difference between a Tesla and "normal" car that shuts down when you park it and press the off button (or turn a key).