Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question - Changes to Model 3 Perf. from Aug 18 through today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of any substantial changes made to the Model 3 PERFORMANCE from August of 2018 through today?

I have an opportunity to buy an Aug build at a great price.

Just the Performance Model 3. I'm not interested in changes to the regular, or the Long Range, or whatever.

Thanks Forum!

Not that I'm aware of. Except the new ones these days come with the 'Dual Motor' badge pre-installed and some may be coming with the spoiler as well? But that's all I've heard.

They've shifted the numbers around a couple of times (i.e. 0-60 went from 3.5 down to 3.3, and now it's at 3.2), but I don't think this correlates to anything different hardware wise, just software... Or maybe just words.

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of. Except the new ones these days come with the 'Dual Motor' badge pre-installed and some may be coming with the spoiler as well? But that's all I've heard.

They've shifted the numbers around a couple of times (i.e. 0-60 went from 3.5 down to 3.1, and now it's at 3.2, and the mileage went from 310 to 325), but I don't think this correlates to anything different hardware wise, just software... Or maybe just words.
It never went down to 3.1. It started at 3.5s, then changed to 3.3s due to rollout with no performance change whatsoever, then down to 3.2s recently with 5% power increase across the board. The Performance range never changed either.

The only change I am aware of is that they include a license plate holder on the trunk now, with a slight difference where the plate goes to accommodate the new black plate holder, but is otherwise invisible to the public.