Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for Blox wheel spacer owners/users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not first time using spacers.. nor working on cars.
After reading posts and vids about Blox spacers... I ordered myself a set of 15mm.

I tried to install them today, and ended removing them.... bc I'm not confident in the product.
I'm hoping someone here tells me I have older version of product, or what I'm doing wrong...

There are 2 main concerns that made me abandon the spacer:
1) the nut holding the spacer to hub doesn't fit correctly - I'm finding alum shavings as I try to torque down the nut.
IMG_9336.jpg

2) I never got to 129ft-lb on the nut holding the spacer. I'm not sure I even got to 110.
The socket has 0.30" (inch) of hold on the spacer nut. I can feel the socket starting to rotate off as I get to higher ft-lb.
I'm using a 12pt socket... I could switch to 6pt, but would it make that much of difference?

IMG_9344.jpg

What do y'all think? Is there a unique way to bolt these in? Thanks!

Not first time using spacers.. nor working on cars.
After reading posts and vids about Blox spacers... I ordered myself a set of 15mm.

I tried to install them today, and ended removing them.... bc I'm not confident in the product.
I'm hoping someone here tells me I have older version of product, or what I'm doing wrong...

There are 2 main concerns that made me abandon the spacer:
1) the nut holding the spacer to hub doesn't fit correctly - I'm finding alum shavings as I try to torque down the nut.
View attachment 499223

2) I never got to 129ft-lb on the nut holding the spacer. I'm not sure I even got to 110.
The socket has 0.30" (inch) of hold on the spacer nut. I can feel the socket starting to rotate off as I get to higher ft-lb.
I'm using a 12pt socket... I could switch to 6pt, but would it make that much of difference?

View attachment 499181

What do y'all think? Is there a unique way to bolt these in? Thanks!
Mine came with two sets of nuts. Those look like the wrong ones. Mine snugged down no problem.

Reactions: lithium1330
I installed mine yesterday. No problems what so ever. Ceep in mind that these are metric nuts (19mm) , so that could be an issue if you are using inch-sockets. And use the biggest nuts privided. Throw the small ones.