Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question from Japanese --> Does Model 3 have an acceleration adjustment function?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think for the foreseeable future I think only China gets to order RWD LR. In the US since Jun 5 they stopped taking off-menu orders for it, in Europe they stopped Jun 12. And I think the number of RHD RWD LR built is exactly zero.

But P- in chill mode is just as relaxed as the RWD. Which is still “not chill” compared to an ICE car, since the torque response is still quite fast.

Reactions: alexGS
Got rid of the Porsche 911 habit when I bought our Teslas. I used to hang around a Porsche Internet discussion board and can’t ever remember a thread discussing ways to make the cars go slower. Based on this thread I guess Porsche was missing a potential market.:D

As far as kid drivers being safe, get them a used Honda.

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
Unfortunately, LR RWD is not sold in Japan.
Currently, only STANDARD PLUS and PERFORMANCE are sold.
Therefore my friend is hesitant to buy Model 3.

Tesla Model3 Comparison of models sold in Japan and the United States

Many Japanese want LR RWD to be marketed in Japan.

I think the ‘Standard Range Plus’ version will be fine; you have many charging stations in Japan.

Because the Performance version comes either with or without the Performance Upgrade Option, your friend would buy the Performance version WITHOUT upgrade if they need the longer range battery.

If they buy the Performance version WITH upgrade, they’re paying for harder suspension, better handling, stronger brakes, the ability to drive effectively on a racetrack. I guess if they live in the mountains, that might be useful, but for driving in traffic, surely the Standard Range Plus is best.

-Alex