Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question from Japanese --> Does Model 3 have an acceleration adjustment function?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it does. They have "chill mode" which will reduce the ability to make the car go super fast, super quick. Here is an image of the menu showing the ability to select chill mode.
tesla-model-3-updated-chill-mode_featured.jpg

EDIT: Also is a beautiful color of paint on Model 3, but I'm biased! :)

Last edited:
Hi model 3 owners!

Many Japanese are interested in Model 3 to be sold in Japan soon.
So I have a question.
My friend is hesitant to buy Model 3 PERFORMANCE.
He is concerned about the power of Model 3 too much.

I am currently a model S85D owner.
My 85D has a function that can adjust acceleration.
↓ It is this.
Acceleration adjustment button

Does Model 3 have similar functionality?

Advise your friend by a LR RWD instead if he's afraid of the massive acceleration of the P3D :rolleyes: (note LR RWD is still very fast :D)

Besides the Chill function, the Tesla is not like a high-powered gas car that's hard to handle in a parking lot. A high powered gas car tends to lurch. A Tesla will only accelerate quickly if you press down on the accelerator pedal. It doesn't have the lurch of a gas car.

I would suggest a plug-in Toyota Prius instead. It is crazy to buy a fast car and then figure out ways to slow it down. Tesla has many innovative features, but Chill mode is just stupid.

No it's not. There are good reasons to have the ability to intentionally nerf your car:
  • valet
  • teenage drivers
  • if you are driving people sensitive to rapid acceleration (people have reported this)
  • if you want to temp curb your lead foot

OP has asked an honest and straight forward question. Also has gotten a specific and appropriate solution, using chill mode when desired.

Perhaps the potential buyer wants to be able to reduce performance when someone else is driving, wants to get used to the performance right in the beginning, or just wants a more relaxing drive.

No need for snarky comments here.

Just get an AWD, its literally the same car but with less acceleration which is pretty much exactly what you want.

I see so many people riding around in Performance cars that aren't even using the Performance aspect, they just wanted the top of the line Model 3 ;)