Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question- Payment for MYLR before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is in texas. I thought of paying at the time of delivery after inspection using cashiers check. But my SA told that they dont accept any payments during delivery and I have to pay before taking delivery or inspection. Is it true. Do we need to pay even before looking at the car?

If that is the case, then I think my credit union should also send the check directly to Tesla instead of me. I thought I could get the check and give it at time of delivery to have more control which is not the case.

Reactions: Abraham
This is in texas. I thought of paying at the time of delivery after inspection using cashiers check. But my SA told that they dont accept any payments during delivery and I have to pay before taking delivery or inspection. Is it true. Do we need to pay even before looking at the car?

If that is the case, then I think my credit union should also send the check directly to Tesla instead of me. I thought I could get the check and give it at time of delivery to have more control which is not the case.
So does this mean I can't schedule delivery until Tesla is fully paid?

So does this mean I can't schedule delivery until Tesla is fully paid?

you can schedule your pickup date, but you can't pick up the car until tesla has proof of funding.

i scheduled my pickup date on the sunday before president's day for thursday afternoon.

bank was closed on monday for president's day.

i contacted my CU on tuesday and applied for the loan. got approved and on wedneday afternoon, they wired the money to tesla.

they'll give you a wiring confirmation sheet. you email that to tesla and then they'll update your app with all tasks completed.

delivery day, you should get a text saying that your car is ready for pickup.

Reactions: jaxp316