Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the deal with payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Scheduled delivery for Tuesday. I had intended to pay on the app as soon as I was given the option to however I heard a horror story on the other forum. Am I able to inspect it and then pay on the app? Is the app payment immediate? I don't feel like bothering to get a cashiers check.

Thank you all!

I've heard stories say yes and stories say no. Seems it depends on what the Sercice center wants to do. I inspected my 2022 MSLR inside and out before payment. However, I would push back if your delivery won't let you inspect. Once you pay, it's yours ... absolutely no take backs.

The Plaid payment from the app is painless and instant.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
I've heard stories say yes and stories say no. Seems it depends on what the Sercice center wants to do. I inspected my 2022 MSLR inside and out before payment. However, I would push back if your delivery won't let you inspect. Once you pay, it's yours ... absolutely no take backs.

The Plaid payment from the app is painless and instant.
Thank you my fellow Corvette to Tesla brother

Reactions: zoomer0056
I was notified that my VIN was issued last Wednesday and they needed the Cybertruck to have proof of insurance before moving ahead. Got that and entered it- Tesla accepted it. Then I went to payment and there was no option to pay anyway other than using the Plaid service. I had to move money into a bank account, get approval from the bank and Plaid. When all was ready and I had filled everything out, I hit send- and it froze. Started over and the payment was accepted the second time. So- no option to bring a Cashiers Check like I had counted on, or any other payment option at all. Tesla’s website shows it as paid, but no other communication from Tesla yet. They say they will set a delivery date and let me know. They also said that if it met their criteria,they would deliver it to my house. I liked the idea of inspection before acceptance- maybe they still allow inspection, with any defects noted before I drive it away- with a big grin on my face!