Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question prior to purchase of used Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question, looking to buy a 2020 Model X, and came across the one in the picture I attached. I am confused if it indeed has the 15k full self driving package as the screen looks different then others I have been viewing in the past. Can anyone let me know based off the two pictures below if this indeed does has the FSD package?
image0 (1).jpeg
image0.jpeg

Sorry another question in regards to this, what does it actually mean, if it has the hardware and not the package, is it something that can be added later on, and if so how much? How valuable is this compared to a car that had the FSD package included. Essentially I am trying to choose between two model X's both have the FSD hardware but one has what I attached in the picture above and the other has what I have attached in the picture below

Attachments

• 14252435098533289.jpg
    14252435098533289.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
Sorry another question in regards to this, what does it actually mean, if it has the hardware and not the package, is it something that can be added later on, and if so how much? How valuable is this compared to a car that had the FSD package included. Essentially I am trying to choose between two model X's both have the FSD hardware but one has what I attached in the picture above and the other has what I have attached in the picture below
FSD can be added later via the Tesla app. Since you already have the correct hardware the costs would be $9000 to buy or $199 a month for a subscription.

Upvote 0
FSD can be added later via the Tesla app. Since you already have the correct hardware the costs would be $9000 to buy or $199 a month for a subscription.
ouch 9k is expensive, so the one that already has it included is a better buy? I read in another thread that Tesla has been removing it, if I buy the vehicle that has it already included, the second attachment I just added, and I take it to tesla for whatever reason and at any point in time, would they remove it? since I am not the first owner of the vehicle?

Upvote 0
ouch 9k is expensive, so the one that already has it included is a better buy? I read in another thread that Tesla has been removing it, if I buy the vehicle that has it already included, the second attachment I just added, and I take it to tesla for whatever reason and at any point in time, would they remove it? since I am not the first owner of the vehicle?
If you are really into FSD then I would think letting someone else take the hit on the intial purchase would be a smart move. When looking for a used MX I had FSD on my "nice to have" list but most of the ones available in my area were either basic AP or EAP. I've never heard of Tesla downgrading the Autopilot but I've have seen old MXs where they removed the free supercharging when the car was resold.

Upvote 0
yeah, first tesla purchase, can't afford a brand new one so trying to get all the bells and whistles in an old one. There's another thread I'm following here on the forums, where the users are saying that Tesla removes the FSD package when the car is sold, I am worried that me buying the car for this option and paying that premium, and then taking it to Tesla for some service and then it is removed.

Upvote 0
yeah, first tesla purchase, can't afford a brand new one so trying to get all the bells and whistles in an old one. There's another thread I'm following here on the forums, where the users are saying that Tesla removes the FSD package when the car is sold, I am worried that me buying the car for this option and paying that premium, and then taking it to Tesla for some service and then it is removed.

Tesla can remove FSD from trade-ins, they own them and can do what they want. They can’t remove it from any car they don’t own so a private party sale would retain the FSD.
BTW in 2020 the price of FSD was not $15k!
I’d go for the red one.

Upvote 0
Tesla can remove FSD from trade-ins, they own them and can do what they want. They can’t remove it from any car they don’t own so a private party sale would retain the FSD.
BTW in 2020 the price of FSD was not $15k!
I’d go for the red one.
when you say trade-ins you mean traded into Tesla right? Because this isn't a private party sale, its listed at a pretty big BMW dealership out in Florida. I think they never took it to Tesla for any service so it still has the package, as I have seen others where the dealership took it too Tesla for some service and it was removed. I know I am getting technical, but just trying to make sure I don't make a decision in haste

Upvote 0
when you say trade-ins you mean traded into Tesla right? Because this isn't a private party sale, its listed at a pretty big BMW dealership out in Florida. I think they never took it to Tesla for any service so it still has the package, as I have seen others where the dealership took it too Tesla for some service and it was removed. I know I am getting technical, but just trying to make sure I don't make a decision in haste
I don’t see how a service center could remove any option from a privately (nonTesla-owned) vehicle. That includes used car lot vehicles.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the quick responses!

I have one last question, $75k including all taxes and fees for a 46k miles model x performance, with the aforementioned FSD package, good deal?
I just bought my 2020 MXP with 41k miles a few months ago for $72k before taxes/fees. Traded in my 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat with 2k miles for $70k. Only paid taxes on the $2,000 difference.

Included:
Basic warranty ends in 12/2023
FSD $7000
6 Seater $6500
Red $2500
22" Wheels $5500
Carbon Fiber Decor $500
Full Tesla/WeatherTech All Weather Floor Mats ~$550
Mobile Charger (but no Nema 5-15 connector)
Found a Gen 3 Wall Connector in the subtrunk $500
Hepa Filter Upgrade $500
All Carpet Mats (not sure if free or was purchased)
Only 1 Key but bought a ebay one for $80
Tinted front windows from dealer but opened window and ruined them off the bat lol

Came with some scratches but nothing crazy. Took it to service so far and got the control arms replace, sway links, 1 camera replaced, falcon wing door aligned. Jus got side repeater cameras replaced last week, mobile service about to arrive at my house to open the main camera housing to clean out some glue. $75k is not bad at all, but it should honestly be lower.

Upvote 0